DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   A few more lens choices... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/497915-few-more-lens-choices.html)

Kevin McRoberts June 30th, 2011 06:00 PM

A few more lens choices...

Olympus releasing M4/3 12/2.0 and 45/1.8. Yay... even if the 12/2.0 is a smidge pricey.

PEN System Lenses

John Griswell June 30th, 2011 08:22 PM

Re: A few more lens choices...

I'm stoked. Looking at the 45mm for $400.

Jeff Harper June 30th, 2011 09:26 PM

12mm sounds nice. For me though, 45mm not so much. Canon FD 50mm F/1.4 can be had commonly for $125 or so, the Canon FD F/1.8 for well under $100.

100mm equivalent is of limited use, though at times it is nice to have.

Angelo Ucciferri August 23rd, 2011 12:55 AM

Will the Zukio 12mm lens autofocus on a Panasonic GH2? Or will only Panasonic lenses autofocus on that camera?

And for that matter, will any non-panasonic m4/3 lenses autofocus on a GH2?

I appreciate your clarification. Still new to the Panny m4/3 world.

Thanks,
Angelo

Jeff Harper August 23rd, 2011 01:34 AM

My 12mm arrives today, and I ordered the 45mm also. 45mm is not in stock but will be shipped when it arrives from distributor or manufacturer.

In my earlier post above I was a fool to think I can get by with an FD lens when there is this excellent 45mm F/1.8 lens for M4/3.

They both work on the GH2 just like any Panasonic lens, fully compatible. The 12mm lens is a great lens but is fixed, and while I'm excited about it, it will have limitations for me as a wedding shooter as with any prime, but I plan to use it whenever and wherever appropriate, and I hope those opportunites will be plenty.

I have recently discovered I should have ordered the Zuiko 14-54 zoom a long time ago, if not the 12-60. While not completely compatible with the GH2, they work very well and do the job.

With the 45mm Olympus I can kiss my 50mm FD lens goodbye, and I can't wait. Autofocus and in-camera control of aperture, etc., is just what I've been waiting for.

The 12mm and 45mm lenses are the types of lenses that we have been waiting for. The next important release will be a fast zoom by Olympus or Panasonic for M4/3 and I pray they are on the way.

Order the 12mm while it's in stock at B&H, cause I can't imagine it will last.

John Griswell August 23rd, 2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelo Ucciferri (Post 1676893)
Will the Zukio 12mm lens autofocus on a Panasonic GH2? Or will only Panasonic lenses autofocus on that camera?

And for that matter, will any non-panasonic m4/3 lenses autofocus on a GH2?

I appreciate your clarification. Still new to the Panny m4/3 world.

Thanks,
Angelo

See here for every Panny/Olly lens + GH2 combo compatibly list:

Compatibilities of DMC-GH2 | Compatibility | Digital Camera | Product Support | Support | Panasonic Global

Angelo Ucciferri August 23rd, 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Griswell (Post 1676965)

That is incredibly helpful. Thank you!