DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Zuiko 45mm - anyone know anything? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/500314-zuiko-45mm-anyone-know-anything.html)

Jeff Harper September 4th, 2011 11:20 AM

Zuiko 45mm - anyone know anything?

Anyone know of a date this lens will be reaching retailers?

Martyn Hull September 5th, 2011 12:01 AM

Re: Zuiko 45mm - anyone know anything?

OLYMPUS | News Release: M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm f1.8 (35mm equivalent 90mm) cant seem to find a release date, it does look good.

Jeff Harper September 6th, 2011 10:42 AM

Thanks. I've already placed order, just a bit anxious. I'm actually looking forward to this particular lens for photography as much as for video. This will probably be the best lens in my kit for that purpose.

While it is never fair to point at one example of a photo as being representative of a lens, the photos at the bottom of the page below are exactly the look I'm looking for in portrait photography, and this is just what I was hoping could be achieved with it, so to find the sample like these are encouraging.

I dislike the GH2 for photos, it just doesn't cut it for me, but I'm hoping this lens will help close the gap a bit between what I want and what I can achieve with it.

Some shots with the new Olympus m.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 - Four Thirds User discussion forum

Brian Luce September 26th, 2011 03:53 PM

Mine just arrived. I'll post some test shots soon. So far it looks really awesome.

Jeff Harper September 28th, 2011 01:46 PM

Brian, where's mine? That's all I want to know! Please post some images or get back with a full report!

The cheap feeling plastic housing of it seems to be the only complaint I've seen for it so far.

Jeff Harper September 28th, 2011 01:47 PM

Brain, where did you order from?

Jeff Harper September 29th, 2011 10:58 PM

First look

The Olympus 45 1.8 Lens Arrives…WOW – 1st Look Video, review soon. | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Jeff Harper October 10th, 2011 01:07 PM

Mine shipped today, will be here tomorrow.

Jeff Harper October 11th, 2011 07:55 AM

First impression after shooting around the house, autofocus is slower then the 12mm, but still very fast. The autofocus is my primary reason for buying the lens, and it does not does not disappoint.

I have an outdoor shoot tomorrow with a couple, and will use it as much as I can in the park. Will post some images from it.

Jeff Harper October 17th, 2011 08:00 AM

Ok, I have the answer to my original question. I know something. The lens is great in the field. Phenomenal. It is my new favorite. Crazy effective, gorgeous video, super fast auto focus. Great in low light. Filming a photo session, it's the perfect lens. Move away or towards the group, you can get either the whole group, or closeups. I am so glad to have given up the manual focus lenses, this is so much faster, I can capture so many more usable images with lenses like this.

If you shoot weddings, this lens is a must, in my opinion, just as the 12mm F/2.0

I'm hoping to post a video with images from both the 12mm, 45mm and the Canon XA10 today.

Thomas E. Smith October 17th, 2011 08:46 AM

Good to know. I will definitely be picking this lens up once the price drops a little lower.