Sell my GH2 for 5D mkiii or change lenses or what? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM   #31
Major Player

Re: Sell my GH2 for 5D mkiii or change lenses or what?

I've purchased one of these (EZ-Steady- iPhone, DSLR, GoPro Camera Stabilizer by Kyle Hart — Kickstarter) for my GH2. I haven't received it yet so I can't comment on how well it works. I'm only a casual shooter. I don't know if it would be robust enough for professional use.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:12 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Dennis, looks very promising. Please post back with your thoughts. I'm not crazy about the color, but it appears to be a very nifty device.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:22 AM   #33
Inner Circle

There are all sorts of cheap & not so cheap hand held stabilisers that all work on the same principle. Here are a selection B Hague & Co Ltd Steadicam "type" Stabilizers
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:35 AM   #34
Major Player

Ive about given up on using my GH2s or any DSLR as "A" cams for the wedding "ceremony"....too stressful for me...maybe I will change my mind when I have more experience using a DSLR. I must admit, I love shooting with my GH2 and would prefer using DSLRs over video cams...but not for weddings.

I will use two XA10 video cams and tripod the GH2 at a "fixed" location for wide alter shot. The GH2s will be great during the reception though as there will be enough time to make adjustments.

Jeff
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:24 AM   #35
Inner Circle

The trick to the balance stabilizers is to avoid going to the upper weight limit listed by the manufacturer unless you find experimenting and shipping things back acceptable. Over the years I have tried and shipped back two of these balance stabilizers as the equipment I was using was near the upper end of the weight limit and the stabilizer didn't behave in a usable way. Also you have to remember that these are harder to hold after a while then the publicity photos of cute women posing with them imply. The stabilizer adds a significant percentage of weight to your cameras. For short take style shooting they are great, long events, I am not sure. I switched to shoulder mounts and am happy that way.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series