Legacy zoom lens for doc work - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old April 20th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Legacy zoom lens for doc work

I don't, sorry. Just try and make your Tamron work, it should.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #17
Trustee

Re: Legacy zoom lens for doc work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen Wolf View Post
I almost forgot I have the Panasonic 14mm!! (but haven't used it that much because I like the 20mm better) I guess I'll use that in the car and then switch to the 20 and/or 35-70 for the meeting. Not ideal but as long as the audio keeps running I'll manage...
That Lumix 14mm is so tiny it's easy to "lose" in a corner of the bag. Since you already own it, that's your best solution for in the car. I have both that and the 20mm and they are great lenses for the GH2. Add the 45mm f1.8 Olympus and you have a great prime kit that takes a small bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen Wolf View Post
Still looking for the ideal doc lens for the GH2- the 14-42 would be a nice range but it's not a really exciting lens, from what I've heard/seen.
It's not an exciting lens, many look down on it and it does not deserve that. It covers a most useful "wide - normal - portrait telephoto" range and delivers more than reasonable sharpness. Mine is the Olympus "kit" 14-42 and when I shot the same subject with both the Lumix 14 and the 14mm end of the "kit" lens I had to "pixel peep" to see any difference in edge definition. In prints and projected on an 80" screen both looked the same.

It really doesn't begin to let you down until you start working in low light, but then you have that covered with the Lumix 14 and 20.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series