GH2 + Pentax A at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old April 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Major Player

GH2 + Pentax A

I was digging around flea markets again yesterday and ran across a Pentax camera with a beautiful Pentax A 50mm F1.7 lens.

$15.00 later I looked it up and the reviews said hard to find and possibly the best 50mm prime made.

OK... So the adapter got here in time for 30 seconds of video before I lost my light. Wide open and focusing on the fly in 720P-60...I'm happy. Tomorrow a real test.

This is a screen grab
Attached Thumbnails
GH2 + Pentax A-penta2.jpg  
Don Litten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: GH2 + Pentax A

That was a good deal Don. What appear to be similar spec'd Pentax lenses seems to sell for around $70-$100 on ebay, and it appears to be a popular lens. Congrats on your purchase!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Jeff!
I've been using my Canon Nifty Fifty as my 50mm along with the 55mm Nikkor I posted about earlier. I love the Nikkor but it's an F2.8.

The Canon is a great lens but not well suited to manual use.
This fills the Niche nicely and the Nifty 50 can go back to dedicated 7D use.

I also got an Osawa 80-200 zoom. I didn't know much about Oswa but it is atrombone zoom and maintains sharp focus throughout...so another fifteen bucks complete with a Canon AE1.

The Ae1 went into the donate to new Photo students, bag.

Turns out this is an early Oswa which was made for the Mimiya's. Apparently they owned part of Mimia and the early lenses are quite good. Later, they were made for Bell and Howell and not as desirable.

It's raining today and a good day to stress test the PenA.
So far it;s doe extremely well.
Don Litten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #4
Major Player

I found an old Pentax k 50mm 2.0 in an old house closet...in the original box. :>)
I like to use it..for portraits.

Jeff Hinson
Old April 28th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Major Player

I covered a NASCAR race tonight. I spent a lot of time poking around the Vendors tents. Pitch black except for tent lights and area lights across the street.
This is a frame grab before post:
Attached Thumbnails
GH2 + Pentax A-race1.jpg  
Don Litten is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series