How to get "this" look on GH2 video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: How to get "this" look on GH2 video

@Bill Bruner...

Thanks for the pics....looks like a nice rig.
Were you using some special filter for green screen work?

Im having trouble calibrating my monitor . My prints are coming back low contrast and off color compared to my monitor....so I ordered a calibrator device to see if I fix my problem. Sooo the matbox/filter will have to wait a little longer. ha. I may have to start another thread to get advice.
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #17
Inner Circle

If you're using an LCD I'v heard the calibrators are not always effective, but I do not know this to be true.

I also don't know about printer calibration, but I think that is something that can be done also in case you didn't know. Good luck Jeff.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #18
Major Player

@ HARPER...

Hey, Jeff,
dunno yet, can always return it.

Ive noticed my "prints" are not exactly what I see on my monitor(color and brightness). So I need to get monitor and software talking to each other.

The software, the monitor, the video card...ALL have a color balance/contrast/brightness setup routine. Im assuming with the "calibrator" I can "save" the calibrator profile, and then "import" that into the software which should eliminate "some" inconsistency. Im using WHCC for prints and they suggetst sony color space and jpegs at 300dpi.

Im treading deep water here a little over my head, but I will work it out.

BTW....I shot my first clips in a church using the XA10 and GH2, Pmode on both, 25mm 1.4, on the GH2. I was amazed at how close the colors/levels match on both cams. So glad I decided on the XA10 to pair with the GH2.

Im ready to try some weddings now..will advertise.

Thanks for your tips..
Jeff
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Jeff, since your into photos so much, consider signing up at photo.net. Lot's of really helpful pros in the forums, it's where I go with photo issues. Someone there will know how to begin the process of getting good prints from you photos, and which piece of equipment to start adjusting, etc.
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #20
Major Player

Yeah..Jeff thanks.
Google is my friend. haha

It's not that Ive neglected my love for video at all. I can find my way fairly well in video. Photography hit me broadside, and made me realize, Ive got a lot to learn. Digging into photography is helping my videos as well.

Will post if I get my calibration problem worked out.

Jeff
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Jeff it's not just that you will find the answer by googling, but photo.net in particular is likely the single best source, IMO for anything photography related. Knowing the site as I do, it would be the very first place I'd go.

The membership of that particular site is full of seasoned pros who are very quick to help anyone, that's all.

Good luck, I can easily see the potential issues with printing photos, since there are multiple pieces of equipment involved. I've never printed a photo in my life, so I have no clue.
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #22
Major Player

I always found getting the color right o stills, easier than video. Just print a few test shots to adjust. I would not recommend getting your own commercial grade printer. There are just too many options.

I always used White House Publishing. Two Day Turnaround and they do it all from wedding books to canvas portraits.
Don Litten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hinson View Post
@ HARPER...

BTW....I shot my first clips in a church using the XA10 and GH2, Pmode on both, 25mm 1.4, on the GH2. I was amazed at how close the colors/levels match on both cams. So glad I decided on the XA10 to pair with the GH2.

Jeff
It is an amazing match, isn't it Jeff.
I've found the Sanity 5 patch cuts in so well it only takes a few seconds work
Don Litten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #24
Major Player

Yes...
WhiteHouse is amazing in their customer service! The "flag" any problem they see, and notify you immediately. I can't believe how much care they give to your prints packaging...and ship UPS too.!

My monitor calibration unit should be here monday. I will at least know I can keep my monitor adjusted to the same spec. They all change over time, and should be reset.

Jeff

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series