Gh2 settings for web delivery... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old June 20th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Gh2 settings for web delivery...

Hello,

I primarily shoot for delivery on the web. Therefore, I'm assuming shooting in 720P makes the most sense, as most web-based video hosting sites are 720.

However, I'm curious if there are any advantages to shooting everything in 1080. Does it make sense to shoot in the highest resolution possible regardless of how the end project is delivered. Is the overall quality going to be better shooting in 1080 even if it is eventually converted to 720?

I Appreciate everyone's thoughts and feedback.
Jerry Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Gh2 settings for web delivery...

I've still got my GH1 and it is hacked to simple B settings. Like you, everything I do is for internet viewing via one of the video sites. I personally think 720 on my GH1 looks a hint better than 1080 does. That's what I shoot in.

Some time back when I was doing a lot of bar band promo clips, I found the quality of how the video was created (stability, zooms, audio, editing etc) far outweighed the cams I was using, as far as the audience was concerned. I have continued using that same barometer now shooting with the GH1.

So my suggestion, pick what you think looks good with as much quality as you wish to present and your audience will notice.

I shot this when I got that first GH2 shortly after they were being introduced. IMO it does kinda make a statement that sometimes we put way more emphasis on gear than maybe we really ought to. :-)

Chip Thome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series