UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery" at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Micro Four Thirds system camera with interchangeable lenses.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 541
UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

And I am pretty excited about that. Can't wait to get home from work and get the batteries charging.

I recently sold my HMC150...but I couldn't quit this video game.
Bob Thieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

Awesome. I am guessing you plan to do video with this. Here are some good settings for the camera.

  Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 541
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Goetz View Post
Awesome. I am guessing you plan to do video with this. Here are some good settings for the camera.
Just waiting for the battery to charge...sigh...
Bob Thieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond Va
Posts: 400
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

Takes forever, doesn't it?
Don Litten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Trustee
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,719
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

Yeah when I finally upgraded to my GH2 last week the battery charging was dragging on forever.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #6
Trustee
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Angelo Texas
Posts: 1,510
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thieda View Post
Just waiting for the battery to charge...sigh...
Hi, Bob. Another GH2 convert...

When you go shopping for batteries, I advise you "bite the bullet" and order one or two Lumix batteries and not be "seduced" by the siren song of lower cost 3rd party ones. The non OEM batteries do not communicate at all with the camera and when they hit the end of the charge everything shuts down with no warning.

If you're in the middle of a "take", you lose it. If you happen to be doing a firmware upgrade and the battery runs out, the camera gets "bricked". I bought a pair of Wasabi batteries with charger without reading the fine print that they do not report battery status. I was never doing anything critical when they "quit" so I never "lost" anything. The batteries went to Home Depot recycling, I won't take a chance on them so now I order a new Panasonic Lumix battery about once every month or two until I feel I have enough.

Just a tip. Otherwise prepare to have a lot of fun with one very versatile still and video camera.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 623
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

I have 4 Lumix batteries, and don't find them to take very long to charge at all. Especially not compared to my Canon camcorder's 7/12 hour batteries.
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #8
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 541
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman View Post
Hi, Bob. Another GH2 convert...

When you go shopping for batteries, I advise you "bite the bullet" and order one or two Lumix batteries and not be "seduced" by the siren song of lower cost 3rd party ones. The non OEM batteries do not communicate at all with the camera and when they hit the end of the charge everything shuts down with no warning.
Thanks Bruce...I did my research before I bought it and ordered a spare OEM battery at the same time.

Did get to play with it a little last night...lots to learn, that's for sure. Leaving in the morning on a trip to the Red River Valley area of Kentucky...Should be a good chance to try it out...
Bob Thieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #9
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 541
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Janka View Post
I have 4 Lumix batteries, and don't find them to take very long to charge at all.
Oh the second one wasn't bad at all...it's that first one that takes forever. ;)

Bob
Bob Thieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #10
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 8,421
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

For strictly internet and Bluray, I'm a huge fan of 720 60p. Motion is incredibly smooth, it downconverts well for the net.

24p is how I shoot now to match with my videocameras, but motion sucks for everyday video and regular shooting. Pans suck and handheld video at 24p is not so great, but at 60p the detail during movement in the frame is very sharp.

I shot dozens of weddings and misc footage in 720 60p, and I still prefer it hands down to 24p. 24p looks gorgeous in the right situation, for sure, but overall 60p is more user friendly. 60p will play on a bluray and makes up (in my opinion) for the small resolution. Just my 2cents.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 541
Re: UPS says my GH2 is "out for delivery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
For strictly internet and Bluray, I'm a huge fan of 720 60p. Motion is incredibly smooth, it downconverts well for the net.

24p is how I shoot now to match with my videocameras, but motion sucks for everyday video and regular shooting. Pans suck and handheld video at 24p is not so great, but at 60p the detail during movement in the frame is very sharp.

I shot dozens of weddings and misc footage in 720 60p, and I still prefer it hands down to 24p. 24p looks gorgeous in the right situation, for sure, but overall 60p is more user friendly. 60p will play on a bluray and makes up (in my opinion) for the small resolution. Just my 2cents.
Hey Jeff...I agree! Almost everything I shot with my HMC-150 was in 720 60P and it looked great. I did a lot motorcycle racing video, so the 60P worked well. And I always use my GoPro in 720 60 to reduce jello. After I get to know this camera better, I'll probably apply one of the milder hacks that are suppose to make a considerable improvement in the 720 60P mode.
Bob Thieda is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX G / GF / GH / GX Series

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network