gh2 noob HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

gh2 noob HELP

ok< i got a GH2

Questions: I want to hack it and install Flow motion V2 but I cant figure out where to download it and any step by step instructions.

Lens : I want a good lens, mostly for interviews but flexible for other stuff, Ideas

Tripod: any Ideas for something in the manfrotto expense range.

Thanks
Brent
Brent Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: gh2 noob HELP

Here's where you get the hack etc:

Hacks News and Development

As far as a tripod, the Manfrotto 190PROB is a good one. I have two of the earlier model of this and they just don't quit. All my supports are Manfrotto though and try as I might, I haven't killed one yet. I also bought all mine as "mint used" and saved a bit of cash that way.

As far as a lens, that all depends on your wallet and expected usage. Being that you are a complete GH2 noob, I would suggest starting with a Lumix lens to get all the in camera voodoo that Panny has going on with them. When I came back to my GHs from a stint trying to learn to speak Nikon, I went almost 100% pure Lumix and have been very happy with my decision.
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Chip, I went to the hack and development site, found the flowmotion V2 page, but cant find a link or anything to download it. ??????
Brent Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #4
Major Player

You might find that here as well:

Panasonic GH Cameras

There are pages upon pages of info there including one whole section on the GH2 hacks. Lots of reading and searching, but something should be there for you.
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I went there registered and still waiting to be activated, Why is this so hard to download.
Brent Kaplan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series