Is this madness? No... this... is... BREVIS!!!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old August 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Is this madness? No... this... is... BREVIS!!!!!

"I'll have you know this is one of the strangest things I've ever done!" - Tangled

Not really... but probably qualifies as odd, pointless, etc.

Picked up an old, unwanted, broken 35mm adapter recently and repaired it (except for the huge honking scratch in the ground glass). Never owned one back when they were all the rage and ~$1000 apiece, figured what the heck.

Now, I know it works with my old HVX and HV30. Question is... could it "solve" the GH2's 2x crop "problem" and still be useable in available light? If nothing else, I satisfy curiosity and my joy in futzing with the obsolete.

Found a good, cheap intermediate lens in the Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5 (which I already had). There's still some crop from full frame, so ideally I'd use something in the ~45mm range (45/2.8 macro, for instance). Threw on my trusty old cheap Vivitar 50/1.7, went out to play with the kids in fading afternoon light, and shot this stuff. Not thoroughly disappointed.

Old August 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Is this madness? No... this... is... BREVIS!!!!!

Love the last shot, really natural looking warmth, beautiful.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series