Sigma 50-150/2.8 - anyone using with GH/AF? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old December 19th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Major Player

Sigma 50-150/2.8 - anyone using with GH/AF?

Searching for a longer, fastish zoom to companion with my Leica 14-50, and the early non-OS version of this lens definitely SEEMS to hit all the check boxes - non-extending, parafocal, no support needed, etc... main complaints seem to be autofocus related, which wouldn't work anyway. I cannot find this lens available for rental to evaluate myself.

Has anybody used it, have a report, or video samples? Thanks
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Sigma 50-150/2.8 - anyone using with GH/AF?

I have the Tokina 50-135/2.8 and am very happy with it.
Very sharp and parfocal. Very nice build and feel.
I've got a Nikon so I can comment on the gh2 part.
Stephen Brenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Sigma 50-150/2.8 - anyone using with GH/AF?

I wound up finding an inexpensive used Sigma 50-150 via eBay, and paired it with one of the Fotodiox Nikon G adapters.

The adapter is a wee bit bleh... fit is fine, but the slot for the aperture dial lever wasn't clocked correctly, and the detents were set in strange places, so there would be hard clicks right before and after the limits of full aperture throw and it was impossible to open the aperture fully. Three minutes with some screwdrivers and a dremel solved that issue, and the adapter is now working splendidly at a couple hundred less than a MFT/Novoflex/etc version.

The lens... Holy Crap. This is exactly what I was hoping it would be. Sharp enough, good rendering, light enough (no support necessary), shmooooove focus and zoom, parfocal, repeatable, and constant. Auto nothing, but it'll convey nicely if I ever rent or buy S35.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series