DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   No GH2s available on Panasonic's website (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/513227-no-gh2s-available-panasonics-website.html)

Bill Strehl January 6th, 2013 08:55 AM

No GH2s available on Panasonic's website

As of today, no matter whether you have an account at shop.panasonic.com (it appears to be of any type) you can no longer by the GH2 either as a body or with the 14-42mm lens. Yesterday, it was available. I noticed today that on Amazon, Samy's Camera is only showing 1 available GH2 body, and Adorama shows 15 kits with the 14-42 lens for $899. (Does this mean they will be come collectors items ;-?) B&H has both bodies and kits in stock.

Jeff Harper January 7th, 2013 01:11 PM

Re: No GH2s available on Panasonic's website

There was one a few days ago here in our classifieds for $500 or so with a 14-42 lens. Snatch it up while you can, if it's still here.

Chris Duczynski January 8th, 2013 08:22 PM

The B&H ones are $649, only $50 cheaper than one with the 14-42, and up from $499 just before Christmas.
Looks like there's a squeeze toward the GH3.

Jeff Harper January 8th, 2013 09:23 PM

You can also check Samy's, they tend to have this stuff at low prices from time to time. Last year when no one else had GH1s they had lot's of them for cheap.

Bill Strehl January 9th, 2013 06:26 AM

Just checked Samy's and their ad has expired and no new one is up yet. Still no GH2's at shop.panasonic.com and no great deals anywhere that I can find. With B&H showing GH3's aren't expected until the end of January, I am guessing there won't be many used GH2's at low prices for awhile.

Ebay has only one used one for under $500. All the rest are above $600.

Jeff Harper January 9th, 2013 08:28 PM

Bill, the one that sold here yesterday for $500 included two batteries, lens, and the AC kit. That was an excellent deal, but it's gone. Surprised you didn't take it. The extra battery and ac kit was worth about $100 new by itself, I believe.

Bill Strehl January 10th, 2013 08:12 AM

Jeff:

I was thinking you meant the local classifieds in Cincinnati or your local Craigslist. I see the listing on DVinfo. I rarely look there so it never crossed my mind. Oh well... I also passed on a used GH2 on Amazon yesterday listed for about $363 as the person selling had no history and the price just seemed too good to be true.

Jeff Harper January 10th, 2013 04:28 PM

Bill, GH2s do come up on our classifieds from time to time, you might keep an eye out. Good luck!

Dennis Vogel January 11th, 2013 12:59 PM

I have a GH2 body (and some batteries and chargers) that I may sell. I'm considering upgrading to a GH3 when they become available. If I do, I'll put it on the classifieds here first.

D