OT: External Portable Backup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old January 31st, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Major Player

OT: External Portable Backup

I need an external backup device. I'll be traveling without a laptop and need a way to copy pictures and videos from memory cards for backup. I've seen a number of devices at B&H and Amazon. Looking for a recommendation rather than relying on reviews.

If possible I'd like a device that would be able to copy pic and videos from a phone (via USB) as well as one that takes SD, etc. cards.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: OT: External Portable Backup

Pelican 0915 Memory Card Case 0910-015-110 B&H Photo Video

+

transcend sd 64gb| B&H Photo Video
x?

Or, nowadays, many netbooks are just as good as laptops. Find a ~10" version with SD slot, USB port, and 250+GB drive.

For a bit more, there's the popular Nexto DI, but AFAIK it doesn't do phones (unless they save to microSD, of course)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/797720-REG/Nexto_DI_ND2730500G_ND2730_Digital_Photo_Storage.html
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm not looking for additional memory cards. I have enough already for the cam. I want to copy off the cam and phone (which doesn't use removable cards) so I have a backup. I have a netbook but don't want to drag it along. I'm looking for a smaller, lighter solution.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Trustee

Do a search on B&H for "portable data storage" and you will get a couple pages of storage units that will read cards and copy files to a small internal hard drive. Tremendous price range.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series