DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   We shot a short film on the GH3 and here is the result :) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/514842-we-shot-short-film-gh3-here-result.html)

Tim Manders March 7th, 2013 10:58 AM

We shot a short film on the GH3 and here is the result :)

For the last month I have been working on this short film and now it is finished. We shot the film over 2.5 days. The only camera used is the GH3.

Of course I would like to get feedback and hear what you think of it, but it might also be interesting for you guys to see what this camera is capable of in a production.

Logline:
'After the alcoholic Simon survives a dangerous car accident, it is finally time to change his life.'

I will answer any questions you might have regarding the production, workflow or post production. And of course all other comments are very welcome.

The link:

Clash - Short film shot on the Panasonic GH3 on Vimeo

(no plus membership so watch on vimeo for 720p and download the file for a less compressed 1080p quality!)

Enjoy watching!
Cheers.

Guy Smith March 8th, 2013 04:00 PM

Re: We shot a short film on the GH3 and here is the result :)

Very nice work!!

Jeff Harper March 9th, 2013 01:00 PM

I like it, well done.

Chris Barcellos March 9th, 2013 04:43 PM

Great over all cinematic feel. Camera seems to have performed well, and post work seems to be great.

Most shots were well composed and shot well.

From a critical standpoint, I noticed a couple of things:

1. Focus pull at 1:31 seems to have no purpose

2. Camera movement at 2:05 et seq to much. Hand held one thing, movement has to be more subtle.

Other shots in hand hold were a bit shaky too. (for instance 3:20 and after at mirror. Did you consider additing steady shot in post ?

3. At about 2:30 Dolly in (or zoom in) and change of focal length seems to contrived and distracting.

4. Not so sure you needed the dolly shots at the grave yard as they don't add anything to the story. Seemed to scream to the viewer, “look at what I can do.”

5- tripod tilt/pan on dolly was a bit shaky at 5:30

Mike Leah March 9th, 2013 04:58 PM

I think it's excellent and very watchable.

Tim Manders March 10th, 2013 06:10 AM

Thanks guys :)
Good to hear your opinions.

J. Stephen McDonald March 13th, 2013 07:25 AM

It's nicely-shot and acted. There were a few blank transitions that might have been skipped or faded or whatever. When he comes into the house after the accident, he easily kicks off his boots, without having to unlace them?