DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Aftermarket GH3 Decoded batteries, anyone tried them (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/515012-aftermarket-gh3-decoded-batteries-anyone-tried-them.html)

Ben Edwards March 13th, 2013 08:22 AM

Aftermarket GH3 Decoded batteries, anyone tried them

Hi, kind of curious. I notice aftermarket ones that state they are Decoded seem to of appeared, had anyone tried them, had any good/bad experience with the GH3 ones specifically (I know people have had problems wit the GH2 ones)..

Be good if we could keep this thread to discussing peoples actual experience, there has already been lots of discussion about if it is a good idea to use aftermarket batteries (the answer is it is certainly best not to).

Ben

Steve Nunez March 18th, 2013 03:56 PM

Re: Aftermarket GH3 Decoded batteries, anyone tried them

I'm wondering about this also........I do have 2 original OEM batts but am eyeballing the ebay ones~

Kent Jakusz March 24th, 2013 07:06 AM

Check this out.
Aftermarket Panasonic GH3 Battery vs OEM Battery CheesyCam

Jeff Harper March 26th, 2013 09:47 AM

Ben, it is interesting that you ask for opinions about aftermarket batteries for the GH3 after stating that you know it is not best to use aftermarket batteries. A realistic discussion about your question cannot leave out what you already point, out, that using them is unwise.

Anyway, the poster at cheeseycam states the batteries seem fine, but what he does not tell us is how they operate after 6 months.

After market batteries for these cameras will not last as long, and often become unreliable over time. The GH3 is too new for anyone to know how the aftermarkets will hold up.

Sony NPF 970 batteries, etc are made in aftermarket version that are quite good, but even they do not last as long. They have been made for a long time and the bug seemed to be worked out for the aftermarket manufacturers.

GH2 aftermarkets are notoriously bad, they were the worst I'd ever seen, though I've heard of some being happy.

You can count on the aftermarket not lasting as long, that is a given. How badly they behave in your camera, only time will tell. They also will void your cameras warranty if they cause an issue. Using them does not make sense to me.

Allan Barnwell April 8th, 2013 10:05 AM

Typically if there is a problem with an after market accessory it can void the camera warranty. Lenmar batteries work on the XA10 and older vixia cameras but the pins on the batteries are weak and bend easily.