Recommend a GH2 holster belt bag? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old June 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Recommend a GH2 holster belt bag?

Hi guys,

Can anybody recommend a minimalist holster style neoprene camera bag with belt loops for the GH2 with a Takumar 25mm lens? Smaller the better for when you just want to carry the camera and lens only. Something like this but unfortunately it isn't made to hold the camera in the bag while on your belt:

Amazon.com: USA Gear DuraNeoprene dSLR FlexArmor Sleeve Case for Nikon , Canon EOS Rebel , Pentax , and Sony Alpha Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

Thanks.
Old June 21st, 2013, 03:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Recommend a GH2 holster belt bag?

Hi Kevin,

I'm pretty sure there's a single belt loop on that $17 USA Gear FlexArmor Case. Here is a picture from the gallery:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...4L._SX385_.jpg

It's not Neoprene, but the $15 Polaroid holster is also the right size, weather-resistant - and has a double belt loop.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
Bill Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Bill. Yeah, the USA Gear Flex Armor case does have a belt loop. I almost purchased it but upon reading the reviews it is stated and confirmed by the manufacturer that the case is not made to hold the camera while on your belt.

Thanks for the Polaroid suggestion. I actually found something at my local Best Buy which has a belt loop but I found using the shoulder strap as a belt actually works much better. Helps distribute the weight more evenly.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Trustee

there is a clip that you attach to your belt that you click the camera into and snap it out when youre ready to shoot - I was quite happy with it till the day I knelt down and watched the camera pop off the clip and bounce along the boardwalk coming to rest on a wire support overlooking a lake - camera okay...clip straight in the bin!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series