DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   etc mode stopped working (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/518973-etc-mode-stopped-working.html)

Noa Put September 15th, 2013 07:40 AM

etc mode stopped working

I have been using the etc mode on my gh3 when I just got the camera and it worked fine but for whatever reason it doesn't activate anymore, I can select the setting to activate it but nothing happens afterwards, anyone knows if I might have triggered another setting that overrides the etc mode? I've tried the reset option but that didn't help.

Ronald Jackson September 15th, 2013 09:43 AM

Re: etc mode stopped working

ETC disabled in 1080 50p and in any slow motion apart from "80%". Don't know of anything else.

Ron

Noa Put September 15th, 2013 09:53 AM

Duh...I shot in 50p, I was confused because my g6 does have etc when I shoot in 50p, thx for clarifying!

Bill Bruner September 15th, 2013 10:57 AM

I love this forum.

Angelo Ucciferri November 7th, 2013 12:38 PM

Has anyone ever been able to get ETC mode to work in photo mode? I had this problem on the GH2 and now on the GH3. I see that there is a way to enable ETC for photos, but turning on the mode never actually does anything.

Thanks,
Angelo

Kevin McRoberts November 7th, 2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelo Ucciferri (Post 1819766)
Has anyone ever been able to get ETC mode to work in photo mode? I had this problem on the GH2 and now on the GH3. I see that there is a way to enable ETC for photos, but turning on the mode never actually does anything.

To use ETC in photo mode, set quality to JPEG only (won't work with RAW) and Picture Size to M or S

Nigel Barker November 8th, 2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelo Ucciferri (Post 1819766)

Thanks,
Angelo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McRoberts (Post 1819772)
To use ETC in photo mode, set quality to JPEG only (won't work with RAW) and Picture Size to M or S

Frankly I think that ETC mode for photos is a total waste of time. Why would you not be shooting full size RAW all the time?

Angelo Ucciferri November 8th, 2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McRoberts (Post 1819772)

Thanks Kevin. I'm guessing the size setting was the reason ETC mode wasn't working in photo mode. I am sure I have it set to full res JPEG. Now that I consider the feature more I can understand why it wouldn't work in a full resolution photo mode...because there are no extra pixels left on the sensor to crop with. (Unlike using a 1920x1080 video mode - where there is a massive amount of extra pixels on the sensor) Thanks for clearing that up.

Angelo

Kevin McRoberts November 8th, 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Barker (Post 1819891)
Frankly I think that ETC mode for photos is a total waste of time. Why would you not be shooting full size RAW all the time?

if you only want a JPG and have neither time nor inclination to post-process a RAW image.

Nigel Barker November 8th, 2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Barker (Post 1819891)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McRoberts (Post 1819946)
if you only want a JPG and have neither time nor inclination to post-process a RAW image.

Why would you shoot anything less than a full resolution JPG?