DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   GH3 no sound over hdmi? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/520638-gh3-no-sound-over-hdmi.html)

Cees van Kempen December 16th, 2013 10:10 AM

GH3 no sound over hdmi?

I have connected my nanoflash to a GH3 to record straight on my nanoflash. I notice however that it there is no sound sent over the hdmi. Is that correct or am i doing something wrong?

Cees van Kempen December 17th, 2013 10:47 AM

Re: GH3 no sound over hdmi?

The problem seems to be my nanoflash. Will ask the question at the conv design forum.

Ronald Jackson December 18th, 2013 10:08 AM

Hope you find a solution Cees. On my XLH1 the HSDI output is video only so separate analogue cables when connected to my nanoFlash.

Interested to know why you use your nanoFlash with a GH3 and what settings you use.

Ron

Cees van Kempen December 18th, 2013 10:52 AM

Hi Ron,

The only reason is that at occasions I want to bypass the 30 min record limit and keep the camera rolling for a few hours.

Nigel Barker December 20th, 2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees van Kempen (Post 1824862)
Hi Ron,

The only reason is that at occasions I want to bypass the 30 min record limit and keep the camera rolling for a few hours.

A better solution would be to buy a PAL GH3 without the 30 minute limit. I have posted a couple if times that you can but Panasonic PAL cameras without the limit from Hong Kong via the website of Vitaliy Kiselev who provided the GH2 hack. GH3, G6 & GM1 are available I have bought a G6 know a couple of other people who have done the same. gh3-notes:gh3-discount [Personal View FAQs Wiki]

Nigel Barker December 20th, 2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees van Kempen (Post 1824862)
Hi Ron,

A better solution would be to buy a PAL GH3 without the 30 minute limit. I have posted a couple of times before that you can buy a Panasonic PAL camera without the limit from Hong Kong via the website of Vitaliy Kiselev who provided the GH2 hack. GH3, G6 & GM1 are available I have bought a G6 & know a couple of other people who have done the same. gh3-notes:gh3-discount [Personal View FAQs Wiki]

Cees van Kempen December 20th, 2013 03:09 AM

You are right. Unluckily I only read your post about this option after I had just bought my GH3 over here in The Netherlands. Since I have my GH3 now and a nanoflash as well, that combination is the most obvious solution. However, my nanoflash seems not willing to cooperate.