How much are you paying for Shipment to Panasonic? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How much are you paying for Shipment to Panasonic?

Hi All,

How much is everybody paying to ship the GH4 to the McAllen Factory Service Center. I went to the UPS store and they wanted $67.00 for shipping and insurance.

Thanks in advance,
Salvatore
Salvatore Privitera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:22 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: How much are you paying for Shipment to Panasonic?

You can figure your shipping costs via their website. Check out usps as well.
Stephen Brenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 08:50 PM   #3
Major Player

What type of service were you quoted? Overnight, 2-day, 3-day, ground? That seems awfully expensive. Did that include them packaging it? Remember, UPS rates are partly based upon distance,
Also, how much is this used camera worth, in its present condition? I'm a little bit of a risk-taker, but if I had a properly packaged item, and a computer-generated shipping label, and I am already at the UPS store, I might be tempted to ship without insurance.

And since you are shipping half-way across the USA. This might be a case where I pay a little more for the shipping speed (2-day), and skimp on the insurance. If you only pay for Ground, your precious camera is gonna go in the belly of a UPS truck over the Interstate system. It's gonna get re-sorted several times along the way. Each connection involves unloading it from a truck, traveling over fast-moving conveyor belts, and into another truck.
Vince Pachiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 08:37 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Vince,

I got a quote of $11.00 before I asked to have it insured. I asked to have it insured for the full amount of what paid for it. I just got the GH4 in July and didn't check the audio buzz until a few weeks ago. I think I'm going to send via the Postal Service.

Thanks,
Salvatore
Salvatore Privitera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 05:40 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Priority flat rate boxes are often a good deal.
Old October 4th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #6
Major Player

Fedex has priority flat rate boxes that your camera would fit in with additional insurance for probably under $15.
Old October 12th, 2014, 11:03 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Pachiano View Post
Also, how much is this used camera worth, in its present condition? I'm a little bit of a risk-taker, but if I had a properly packaged item, and a computer-generated shipping label, and I am already at the UPS store, I might be tempted to ship without insurance.
Used it may be, but the question in my mind was how much would it cost me to replace it if lost or damaged. I paid the full retail of $1,697.99 for mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Pachiano View Post
And since you are shipping half-way across the USA. This might be a case where I pay a little more for the shipping speed (2-day), and skimp on the insurance. .
Well, I'm only half a state away from McAllen, as I remember I think I paid about $47.00 to ship mine UPS Ground and insured for the full value. It came back in fine shape and fixed. I forgot to remove the media card from it and that was still in place.

It is recommended to ship your camera by a fully "trackable" carrier.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series