DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Metabones still the only electronic speed booster? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/525382-metabones-still-only-electronic-speed-booster.html)

Dylan Couper October 13th, 2014 08:18 AM

Metabones still the only electronic speed booster?

Hey gents!
Is Metabones still the only adaptor company that makes an electronic control speed booster for EF to MFT? Saw a lens turbo version but with no electronics. Just curious as to what's out there that I don't know about.
Thanks!

Dave Partington October 13th, 2014 08:35 AM

Re: Metabones still the only electronic speed booster?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1864722)
Hey gents!
Is Metabones still the only adaptor company that makes an electronic control speed booster for EF to MFT? Saw a lens turbo version but with no electronics. Just curious as to what's out there that I don't know about.
Thanks!

Not only that, but it would be good to get some feedback on actually user experiences.... and samples where possible!

Chuck Spaulding October 15th, 2014 01:48 AM

I have not shot much with it yet but the little I have is really impressive. I'll try to post some footage later this week or early next.

Its amazing how little sample footage for the Metabones is available.

Dave Partington October 15th, 2014 06:24 AM

If they'd actually figured out the AF it would be more impressive, but as I understand it it's totally MF unless you have the likes of the 85 f1.2. Is that correct?

Dylan Couper October 23rd, 2014 03:59 PM

Just an update... the Speedbooster has been discontinued and now there is a Speedbooster 'S'
I just ordered one from Metabones, same $600 price tag, will post a quick review when it comes in.

David W. Jones October 24th, 2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1865852)
Just an update... the Speedbooster has been discontinued and now there is a Speedbooster 'S'
I just ordered one from Metabones, same $600 price tag, will post a quick review when it comes in.

It is my understanding that it is just out of stock due to everybody and their mother buying one, not because it has been discontinued.

Dylan Couper October 24th, 2014 11:58 AM

B&H had it listed as "discontinued" but it's listed as "unavailable" on the Metabones site, not discontinued... so you may be right.

On the other hand, any product with an "S" behind the name clearly has to be better than the one before it. ...at least according to Canon and Porsche.