DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Metabones Nikon to 4/3 adapter (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/525836-metabones-nikon-4-3-adapter.html)

Vincent Oliver November 21st, 2014 02:56 AM

Metabones Nikon to 4/3 adapter

Is anyone using Nikon glass with the Metabones adapter, I am considering buying the adapter (not the Speed Booster version) and would like to know if anyone has problems using it, and if you have a any sample photos or video clips that would be great.

Thank you

Bo Skelmose November 21st, 2014 03:53 AM

Re: Metabones Nikon to 4/3 adapter

Hi
I do not have this adapter but the speedbooster for nikon - that works perfect. I have the MTF adapter that also works fine in the Nikon/MFT version - with iris control. However I have problem with the MTF: Nikon/FZ adapter that are sensible to light from the side. Seems the lens lock cannot hold back the light from outside - so alle reasons to be carefull before buing!
Be aware that you have no control of the iris on this adapter!

Vincent Oliver November 21st, 2014 06:01 AM

Thanks Bo, do you have any sample footage shot with the Metabones adapter?

I don't require auto iris control, just want to use some of my longer Nikon lenses on the GH4

Bo Skelmose November 21st, 2014 08:04 AM

Hi
I do not know what footage I have from the metabones adapter and from the MTF adapeter, exept this from the MTF adapter.
Honestly I cannot see any difference between the adapters. More tele with the MTF though. You need to have an irisring on your lens with that metabones adapter. All my new Nikons do not have that so I need an adapter that can control the iris :)

Bryce Comer November 21st, 2014 09:10 AM

Hi Vincent,
Like Bo, i have the Metabones speed booster for my Nikon glass. I also have an elcheapo Vello adaptor that doesn't have the widening & brightening effect that the speed booster does. I have been thinking of picking up the standard M4/3 to Nikon Metabones adaptor though, simply because the difference in quality is noticeable. There is way more play with the Vello adaptor than there is the with Metabones. I'm sure there are other cheaper brands of adaptors that have tighter tolerances than the Vello, i just haven't used them, so for me, knowing the quality of the Metabones adaptor, i will probably pick up another one of those.
Hope this helps,
Bryce

Kevin McRoberts November 22nd, 2014 11:38 AM

I use the Nikon SB and normal adapters, usually with a trio of zooms (Tokina 11-16, Sigma 18-35/1.8, Sigma 50-150/2.8) or with a set of Nikon-converted Leica R primes. I prefer their iris ring mechanics and fit to every other Nikon adapter currently available (tried most all of them).

Chuck Spaulding November 22nd, 2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Skelmose (Post 1868445)
Hi
I do not know what footage I have from the metabones adapter and from the MTF adapeter, exept this from the MTF adapter. Trehornet Skarnbasse on Vimeo
Honestly I cannot see any difference between the adapters. More tele with the MTF though. You need to have an irisring on your lens with that metabones adapter. All my new Nikons do not have that so I need an adapter that can control the iris :)

Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread, I have the MB with Canon lenses and love it, but I just wanted to say that Bo Skelmose you have some very nice videos.

Bo Skelmose November 22nd, 2014 03:10 PM

Thanks- I wish Metabones will make a nikon adapter so that it can power the lens. Would like to have the stabilisation. Like the canon adapters!