Metabones Nikon to 4/3 adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old November 21st, 2014, 02:56 AM   #1
Trustee

Metabones Nikon to 4/3 adapter

Is anyone using Nikon glass with the Metabones adapter, I am considering buying the adapter (not the Speed Booster version) and would like to know if anyone has problems using it, and if you have a any sample photos or video clips that would be great.

Thank you
Old November 21st, 2014, 03:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Metabones Nikon to 4/3 adapter

Hi
I do not have this adapter but the speedbooster for nikon - that works perfect. I have the MTF adapter that also works fine in the Nikon/MFT version - with iris control. However I have problem with the MTF: Nikon/FZ adapter that are sensible to light from the side. Seems the lens lock cannot hold back the light from outside - so alle reasons to be carefull before buing!
Be aware that you have no control of the iris on this adapter!

Last edited by Bo Skelmose; November 21st, 2014 at 04:32 AM.
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 06:01 AM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Bo, do you have any sample footage shot with the Metabones adapter?

I don't require auto iris control, just want to use some of my longer Nikon lenses on the GH4
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:04 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi
I do not know what footage I have from the metabones adapter and from the MTF adapeter, exept this from the MTF adapter.
Honestly I cannot see any difference between the adapters. More tele with the MTF though. You need to have an irisring on your lens with that metabones adapter. All my new Nikons do not have that so I need an adapter that can control the iris :)

Last edited by Bo Skelmose; November 21st, 2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Trustee

Hi Vincent,
Like Bo, i have the Metabones speed booster for my Nikon glass. I also have an elcheapo Vello adaptor that doesn't have the widening & brightening effect that the speed booster does. I have been thinking of picking up the standard M4/3 to Nikon Metabones adaptor though, simply because the difference in quality is noticeable. There is way more play with the Vello adaptor than there is the with Metabones. I'm sure there are other cheaper brands of adaptors that have tighter tolerances than the Vello, i just haven't used them, so for me, knowing the quality of the Metabones adaptor, i will probably pick up another one of those.
Hope this helps,
Bryce
Old November 22nd, 2014, 11:38 AM   #6
Major Player

I use the Nikon SB and normal adapters, usually with a trio of zooms (Tokina 11-16, Sigma 18-35/1.8, Sigma 50-150/2.8) or with a set of Nikon-converted Leica R primes. I prefer their iris ring mechanics and fit to every other Nikon adapter currently available (tried most all of them).
Old November 22nd, 2014, 02:35 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Skelmose View Post
Hi
I do not know what footage I have from the metabones adapter and from the MTF adapeter, exept this from the MTF adapter. Trehornet Skarnbasse on Vimeo
Honestly I cannot see any difference between the adapters. More tele with the MTF though. You need to have an irisring on your lens with that metabones adapter. All my new Nikons do not have that so I need an adapter that can control the iris :)
Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread, I have the MB with Canon lenses and love it, but I just wanted to say that Bo Skelmose you have some very nice videos.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 03:10 PM   #8
Major Player

Thanks- I wish Metabones will make a nikon adapter so that it can power the lens. Would like to have the stabilisation. Like the canon adapters!
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series