GH4 on ebay. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old June 25th, 2015, 08:49 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: GH4 on ebay.

2 hrs is a generous amount of time.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 09:25 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony McErlean View Post
A friend sent me this link this morning.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 4K Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body Only | eBay

It doesn't have the 30min recording limit.

He is interested in one too, I contacted the seller, he told me it isn't restricted to the 30mins.

Thoughts please.

Thanks in advance.
There are a few questions you need to ask here, I see the seller offers only 1 year of warranty, where I live warranty is 2 years by law, not sure how that is for you? Also in case of a issue you get to sort it out by yourself directly at a official repaircenter where you only can hope they won't give you a hard time. The seller stays at a safe distance because he only gets involved in the selling and receiving money receiving part ,don't expect any service from them.

Second thing is that these sellers often bypass any taxes to be paid, they import directly from the country of origin and then sell excl taxes which often explains why they are so cheap, they usually have fake addresses in the countries they are trying to sell and not sure if it's a coincidence but they almost always send the good from the UK. it's illegal what they do and as a company you have no advantage buying from them because you cannot write of any taxes afterwards, if you are not a company then you can save the VAT they will not charge you.

The seller of that GH4 is Digital Camera UK and located in Manchester, you should be able to check if they have been registered as a legit company? That should clear up some doubts, that also means they have to follow the same laws when it comes to warranty in the UK.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 12:01 PM   #18
Obstreperous Rex

Pardon the intrusion... just a quick administrative note:

1. I have withdrawn several posts in this thread from public view because they did not meet DVi's standards for politeness, civility and decorum.

2. I have withdrawn other posts in this thread from public view because they were direct replies to the previously mentioned withdrawn posts. See how quickly that can cause an avalanche?

3. If you spot an ugly post that looks like it ain't gonna pass muster during the inevitable admin review: please *do not* reply to it, as you're just creating more work for me. And because I'm lazy by nature, more work for me makes me all mean and grumpy.

4. Instead, use the Report Post function (the little "!" icon to the left of any post) which basically says "Hey, Chris! You're not gonna believe what this clown is doing on the forum."

5. If you're here to market products / services to fellow forum members, then you've gotta go through me first, and I'm not free. Hell, I'm not even easy. I turn down most of those requests. But you can at least have the courtesy to treat me like your date at the prom and ask first. Give me a chance to say yes and here's how much it'll cost you, or no it's not right for me at this particular time. That's just common courtesy that we were all supposed to learn as teenagers. But if you post here in order to market something (outside of the occasional private classifieds item) without my express blessing, then *shame* on you. And by *shame* I mean you won't be posting here anymore until we can have a private little chat together first.

Okay, sorry, that wasn't very quick after all. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. Thanks all,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 12:55 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
The seller of that GH4 is Digital Camera UK and located in Manchester, you should be able to check if they have been registered as a legit company? That should clear up some doubts, that also means they have to follow the same laws when it comes to warranty in the UK.
Thank you Noa, for that advice, really appreciate it.
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:00 PM   #20
Inner Circle

That seller also has a 100% positive feedback on ebay which is also good but fact remains that you might run into some issues if the camera malfunctions but if you really want to have a dslr with no recording limit that might be worth the risk.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
That seller also has a 100% positive feedback on ebay which is also good but fact remains that you might run into some issues if the camera malfunctions but if you really want to have a dslr with no recording limit that might be worth the risk.
Yes Noa, he has 100% feedback.
I contacted ebay telling them that I was interested in that item but had concerns about spending that amount of money to a seller on ebay, say for instance the item arrived with me not as described in the listing.
I was told that if I went ahead and bought the item, I am covered 100% through paypal.
If the item arrived damaged, looked as if it wasn't new or even if the item did not arrive with me at all. I need not worry, because I would get a full refund.
The only concern I then had is about warranty. The seller says and I rang him, that he gives a 1 year warranty, so I didn't know what to do, plus and a big plus, I would have gotten 10% off the price of the item, ebay had 10% off code I could have used :(
Old July 1st, 2015, 06:41 AM   #22
Trustee

You see this unlimited recording with some GH4s, what formats allow this?

If I have AVCHD unlimited to drop into my 50i timeline like I can do with my Panasonic TM900/X900, that's good enough for me, for now.
Old July 1st, 2015, 07:25 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Anthony, you would have bought your 900 cams as video cams with the levy already paid, whereas the G4 in the EU is sold as a photographic camera so can avoid the extra levy if the video recording time is limited.

It's a very frustrating arrangement, that really should be reviewed as there seems no realistic reason for applying it apart from a small amount of extra income on top of the VAT.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 07:31 AM   #24
Trustee

Thanks Roger,

but will the GH4 record AVCHD unlimited, so I can drop it into my 50i Edius timeline?
Old July 1st, 2015, 07:45 AM   #25
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony McErlean View Post
Thanks Roger,

but will the GH4 record AVCHD unlimited, so I can drop it into my 50i Edius timeline?
My understanding is that the limitation applies to all video codecs, whether AVI, AVCHD or MPEG4 unless provision is made for importing an unlimited one and paying the appropriate levy,

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 08:57 AM   #26
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gunkel View Post
My understanding is that the limitation applies to all video codecs, whether AVI, AVCHD or MPEG4 unless provision is made for importing an unlimited one and paying the appropriate levy,

Roger
Thanks Roger.
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series