VLOG for GH4 available BUT... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old September 3rd, 2015, 04:32 PM   #1
Major Player

VLOG for GH4 available BUT...

They are charing $99.99 for it?? What the hell?

LUMIX GH4 V-Log L Function Firmware Upgrade Kit DMW-SFU1
Old September 3rd, 2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: VLOG for GH4 available BUT...

Sony is charging 500 dollar for a 4K firmware upgrade, something that is standard on it's cheaper consumerbrother, the ax100. This is basically also just a piece of code that unlocks extra functionality, Panasonic is just trying to make money, like any other business, the only difference is that Panasonic charges a reasonable price for it.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2015, 06:30 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Here is the really stupid thing about this. Firmware 2.3 was released today, and I just installed it on my GH4. So my GH4 has Vlog L on it, but I have to activate it to get it working. Now, if Panasonic was smart about it, they would have made the process something you could do online so that, spur of the moment right at the beginning of the weekend, I could have played with Vlog L.

But no, Panasonic doesn't like things the easy way. They want me to wait until who knows how long for my local retailer to get it in (or pay an additional $8 for shipping).
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 10:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
Here is the really stupid thing about this. Firmware 2.3 was released today, and I just installed it on my GH4. So my GH4 has Vlog L on it, but I have to activate it to get it working. Now, if Panasonic was smart about it, they would have made the process something you could do online so that, spur of the moment right at the beginning of the weekend, I could have played with Vlog L.

But no, Panasonic doesn't like things the easy way. They want me to wait until who knows how long for my local retailer to get it in (or pay an additional $8 for shipping).
Someone suggested that after loading the firmware update you try custom profiles in the wifi app.

Fran
Fran Guidry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Yes, it appears that the v-log activation process has a hugh glaring security hole in it. I"m sure they never saw that one coming.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 09:58 AM   #6
Major Player

Where is 2.3? I just checked my GH4 and it appears to be running 1.1. I don't really bother with LUTS and the V-log seems to be overkill for $100 for my needs.

Quote:

Old November 5th, 2015, 10:14 AM   #7
New Boot

Quote:

Yep. I probably would have purchased already if I could have instant gratification. Who wants to wait for something to come in the mail? What is this, the 90's?
Jason Jenkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series