GH3 can't get continuous autofocus to work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old May 18th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #1
Trustee

GH3 can't get continuous autofocus to work

Hi All,

I can't seem to get the continuous autofocus to work on my GH3. I've had the camera for a few years and I could swear that it used to work, but it's a function that I didn't try to use for a long time since I was mostly using the camera for stills. Recently, I've been interested in using it more for video and wanted to explore the continuous autofocus for some shooting situations. However, I can't seem to get it to work.

I've searched forums/Google, etc and seem to have the settings correct. The manual states that if Continuous Autofocus is on in the menu, it should operate in AFS/AFF and AFC mode.

Nothing seems to get it to work. I contacted a camera repair centre and they suggested resetting the camera in the menu, which I did. Still can't get it to work.

Am I just missing something obvious or should I bit the bullet and send it in for repair?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old May 18th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: GH3 can't get continuous autofocus to work

Are you sure it's the camera and not the lens that is having the problem?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series