First Impressions of the GH5 - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:51 PM   #106
Inner Circle

Re: First Impressions of the GH5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pleasant View Post
It looks like the GH5's DMW-XLR1 audio adapter allows mic input one to be sent to input 2 as well. Very nice, pretty standard but, as far as I can tell, the level for input 2 is controlled by input 1. So I can't set the level of input 2 a little different than input 1 which is something I like to do to avoid any possible "over-driven" situations which may arise. Can anyone confirm this? Did I miss something?
Thanks!
Yes a bit of a disappointment for me too. On my Sony's I use one mic on input 1 and feed to both Channel 1 and Channel 2. Have Channel 1 ALC and Channel 2 manual. This not possible with the XLR unit for the GH5. Also it is not possible to have one input with ALC and the other manual even with separate inputs. ALC is either On or OFF for both as far as I can figure out. Also it is not possible to feed one mic to both channels and have one channel set lower than the other, That is a real issue I think. Unless I am missing something I cannot get mine to do anything other than separate inputs on manual, feed one mic to both channels controlled by input 1 or set ALC which will then control both channels. Same size as the Sony unit for my NX30U but nowhere near as comprehensive control.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 07:56 AM   #107
New Boot

Bit of a pain. Not a deal-killer but they should of thought about this a bit more.

Also the new flavor of camera raw .rw2 files are going to make me have to go to CC Adobe Photoshop unless they decide to upgrade camera raw for CS 6 Photoshop...now that's a real pain!!
Mark Pleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 12:11 AM   #108
Major Player

The standalone Adobe DNG convertor should enable you to convert the .rw2 files to .dng, which Photoshop CS6 can handle.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 04:53 PM   #109
New Boot

Yes Alan, I was hoping that when I downloaded and tried it the other day but it didn't work for me I'm sorry to say.
Mark Pleasant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series