Panasonic GH5 firmware requests - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old May 19th, 2017, 12:30 AM   #31
New Boot

Re: Panasonic GH5 firmware requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
My jvc ls300 can do that which makes it so much easier to dial in the kelvin on my other camera's, if I"m shooting with my Panasonics only I have to manually whitebalance every single camera which can be problematic if your short on time. You can always ask for such a change but I have a feeling Panasonic intentionally leaves out functionality that is supposed to be on a videocamera. Maybe it eventually be possible in a GH6 or maybe a videocamera with interchangeable lenses to complement the gh5 will be announced that does have this functionality. They need to give you reasons why to buy another camera :)
Hi Noa, I also have a Sony X70, which will at least show the Kelvin number for some seconds, which proves helpful when on a multi camera shoot. Would be nice on the GH5, though.
Tobias Meinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:56 PM   #32
Major Player

I would like to see in a firmware update you can define a button to toggle custom LUTs.
For v-log l I like to quickly switch between a Rec709 and a false color LUT.
Cary Knoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #33
Trustee

Panasonic, could you please:

1.) Un-hide the display of ISO, shutter and iris values when running something in auto? (Today, you are covering those up for no reason.

2.) Allow the circular back dial to be programmed for ISO/gain. Sony has this on their camras. You dont need to find the ISO button and then change it. All you need to do is simply rotate the dial clockwize or counter clickwize.

3.) Stop the screen from dimming when there is no actvity in its brightest setting for 30 seconds
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 02:56 PM   #34
Inner Circle

I too would like to see the displays of iso, shutter and iris like the Sony's showing whether the value is in auto ( little A next to it ) or in manual just the value.

Not sure if it is possible but on the XLR unit I would like to run one mic into channel 1 and record auto level on channel 1 and manual on channel 2. Something I do all the time on my Sony's.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Meinken View Post
I have another firmware request:
It would be great to see the Kelvin number after manual white balance on a white slate or grey card. This way a quick match between different cameras on set would be much easier.
I second that request!

It is not super helpful but the actual Kelvin number is recorded in the metadata if you do a test clip.
Old June 1st, 2017, 01:40 AM   #36
New Boot

Hi Cary,
but can you check the Kelvin number in camera? I can check the metadata of a recorded clip, but it doesn't show an actual number. Suggestions?
Tobias Meinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2017, 08:44 AM   #37
Major Player

That's the problem, in camera you can't see the actual number, if you want to see how much Kelvin you have to look at the metadata of the video file that is written on the card.
Old June 9th, 2017, 04:24 AM   #38
Regular Crew

I have a couple of firmware requests of my own:

- I would like the option to disable the long press on the Fn buttons.

- I would like to be able to decouple exposure from the shutter release and assign it to a Fn button, just like we can do with AF.

- I second all the requests for displaying ISO, Shutter speed and aperture at all times.

A long standing pet peeve of mine, is why does Panasonic disable pinpoint focus when we start recording video?
John Hedgecoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 01:26 PM   #39
Major Player

For all of the Lumix cameras; a faster f-stop midrange lens.

I really like my 12-35 f 2.8 lens. Would really like a better option for my 14-140 variable f stop lens. A 14-140 f 2.8 constant aperture lens would be excellent.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #40
Inner Circle

Not sure if that is even possible to manufacture? The closest to that range is the 40-150 f2.8 from olympus.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 02:18 PM   #41
Inner Circle

Over the last 4 weeks I have shot a lot of shows with the GH5 and my Sony's AX100, AX53, AX1 and NX5U that one thing I would like in the GH5 is the same sort of image adjustment that is in the UX180/HC-X1 as I am sure this would make matching to Sony's a lot easier. In particular it is very difficult to get a match for the rich red that the NX5U produces. I can get close in post with EDIUS but not exactly and means also bringing down the lovely red of the NX5U to get a closer match.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2017, 09:54 AM   #42
Tourist

Guides for aspect ratio would be amazing, also if the outside of the guide was dimmed as well.
Daniel Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 10:00 AM   #43
Tourist

Above all, I want crop marks too Daniel - and I know we're not alone on this. Them excluding them is the most asinine decision by the developers. This camera is geared towards 4K video production, so why are they missing on this. They ignored them on the GH4 too. My Sony A7S II has them...It's not that hard to add an overlay.
James Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #44
Major Player

Prayers are answered!

Panasonic GH5 Firmware V2: What's new? - Jacob James
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2017, 11:44 AM   #45
Major Player

Hi

Fantastic news, even the DISP button issue was sorted out with the lock option, nice one Panasonic.

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series