Gh5 fx makeup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old September 27th, 2017, 10:20 AM   #1
Major Player

Gh5 fx makeup

Special FX Makeup #themakeupshow Dallas
Filmed with the GH5 XLR unit attached metabones adapter Canon 16-35mm Canon 70-200mm Edited with Magic Bullet Film

Film the whole day with the GH5 with the XLR unit attached for interviews. The Camera really eats batteries with the XLR unit attached, 6 batteries in 3hrs time.
The audio quality was on par with my FS7. Love the footage I Filmed 4k 60p 4:2:0 8bit and 4k 24p 4:2:2 10 bit. I did not get a chance to see the finish FX makeup but I sure it looked amazing.

Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Gh5 fx makeup

Did you have Phantom power on?
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 10:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Phantom power was on. I did a test with out the XLR unit I get a little over an hour battery life with LCD screen on.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 10:37 PM   #4
Inner Circle

What batteries are you using? With Panasonic OEM, I get 2 hours in 1080.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 05:52 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I get about the same times as Brian shooting UHD60P with Panasonic batteries. All of my shooting is on a tripod with XLR unit with phantom power , so I now use the Atomos Power Station.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
All of my shooting is on a tripod with XLR unit with phantom power
Phantom power is definitely going to be a battery killer, but I'm curious how much of a hit the adapter takes without it. I use phantom power solely to run an Oktava shotgun, an it's a nice feature that can turn Sennheiser AVX units off automatically, but outside of that, I could run wireless lavs with it off if it's taking too much power. A battery grip could be a good idea to keep the rig compact but squeeze out a bit more running time with a second battery.

EDIT: Also, an AC adapter was the first thing I bought for mine, so in a situation where I need to run for 2 hours on a tripod, I usually hook up to house power.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series