GH5: 3 difficult questions for me at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old November 17th, 2018, 10:34 AM   #1
Major Player

GH5: 3 difficult questions for me

Hi, could you clear some worrires please? I shoot only at 50p Pal System.
Do you get a better UHD video by shooting in MP4 LPCM or MOV? They are options to choose in Rec format.

Then,
I'm noticing in HDMI recording output/Bit mode 4K/50p I have the option to activate 4:2:2 10bit.
But I've always known that you can shoot in 4:2:2 only at 25p. What does it happen if I enable 4: 2: 2 10bit and I shoot at 50p?

Then:
I don't see "Color space" on the GH5 Menu. Could you tell me where it is precisely?
Thanks a lot for clearing up.
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: GH5: 3 difficult questions for me

MP4 and MOV are identical. Since you don’t have an external recorder, the HDMI output options don’t have any effect on you. The GH5 only records in Rec.709, so color space isn’t an option.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 12:08 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
The GH5 only records in Rec.709, ...
That's not quite true, HLG mode is encoded Rec2020.
Cary Knoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 12:21 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes, but it is 25p only.
Old November 17th, 2018, 01:53 PM   #5
Inner Circle

HLG is available in 10bit if you record in HD at 50P. I do not think you have the XLR unit which would give you better audio quality recording. Without that unit you should use either MP4( LPCM ) or MOV which would both give you audio at 48kh and 16 bit. With the XLR unit recording MOV you can get 48kh at 24bits or even 96kh at 24bit. Learn to read the manual pages 58 and 72. If you set the recording to 10bit in UHD 50P it cannot record internally but the HDMI output is present for recording externally to something like an ATOMOS recorder.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series