Panasonic Lumix DMC LX1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
4K and AVCHD via compact point & shoot "bridge" cameras.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 02:20 AM   #16
Tourist

DMC-LX1 video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos Svendsen
i do not know about 4gb combability, but since the video mode is considered a less important feature by the camera manufactures then you should have no hopes for any changes by Panasonic.

If you are in need af an solid state videocamera with still capcities then look for a JVC mc500.
---

But do you think the frame rate is set in the firmware or is burnt in the camera's hardware?
Joe
Jozsef Szadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:49 PM   #17
Major Player

Most of the hardwareencoders are programmable, but there has to be some sort of interface in order to do it.
If you are asking if its possible to hack the camera to change framerate, then the answer is very likely no.

JOS. Svendsen
Jos Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #18
Tourist

frame rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos Svendsen
Most of the hardwareencoders are programmable, but there has to be some sort of interface in order to do it.
If you are asking if its possible to hack the camera to change framerate, then the answer is very likely no.
----

Interesting, I just got the camera and tested it. I have slow 50x ADATA SD card and Panasonic suggest fast 133 or 150x SD card for 640x480/30 fps video. I tried it with my slow SD card and it works fine. I can not see any breaks, picture is continuous and smooth and fine. Of course it is also in all lower resolution. The camera MAY drop some frames, I do not know so maybe it just 20 or 25 fps instead of 30 but still continuous. I certainly see the difference between 10 and 30 fps.

However when lights are low (inside a room) the picture quality (still images) much worse and noise than my old HP photosmart 735 pictures.

Interestingly I can convert the MOV files to AVI files on my PC but when I choose Divx codec I get back 512x384 image size while when I use Xvid, I got back the original 640x480 movie.
Joe
Jozsef Szadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 04:42 AM   #19
Tourist

4GB SD and LX1

I asked Panasonic and they told me that the new SD card (4GB) will use FAT32 and other 2GB and smaller cards in LX1 use FAT16

So the question is will there be a FAT32 firmware upgrade for LX1. They do not know the answer yet.

At least if I could choose directory on SD card where to save, I could make 2x2GB partition on the SD card so I could use the 4GB
Jozsef Szadai is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series