Remote Control For FZ1000? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
4K and AVCHD via compact point & shoot "bridge" cameras.

Old August 4th, 2014, 08:48 AM   #1
Major Player

No Wired Zoom Controller Lumix fz1000

Anyone (like myself) looking for 4k on the cheap whose work involves a lot of tripod with a zoom controller on the handle might experience the same disappointment I did when my fz1000 arrived and the very first thing I did was plug in a Libec 3dv controller to the remote port and dismay-dismay nada.
I brought my fz1000 back and am looking again at a FDR-AX100.
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: No Wired Zoom Controller Lumix fz1000

I was looking seriously at the FZ1000, but I wanted the slow motion feature. However, I read in the manual that "The focus, zoom, exposure, and White Balance is fixed to the value at the beginning" ...of each clip.

So in slow motion filming you can't even zoom or focus - deal breaker for me.
David Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2015, 10:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Remote Control For FZ1000?

Anyone come across a remote that controls zoom/zoom speed as well as simply triggering record/pause?

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Trustee

Re: Remote Control For FZ1000?

Not sure if you're aware but there's a free app that allows remote controlling via wifi.
Old February 16th, 2019, 10:19 AM   #5
Major Player

my friend just bought the FZ1000. Today we downloaded the panasonic image app. We connected it with the cam and could see with the app what the camera was filming.(after scanning the code)

Going outside and the wifi connection was lost. I think this is because we use the normal wifi but we can't figure out how to connect with wifi direct. So we don't need actual wifi.
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 01:44 PM   #6
Regular Crew

the fz1000 acts as a local hotspot, so with the andriod app, your smartphone connects to it directly. you can then view and download photos or videos to your phone, and can use the phone as a remote controller to the camera.

not sure about zoom and focus while slo mo recording; never tried it.
Roberto Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2019, 03:45 AM   #7
Major Player

My NFC is turned on my smartphone but in the panasonic image app the NFC symbol is not highlighted in blue. tested on other smartphone and the same issue.

don't understand what I'm doing wrong

update: I need the wifi direct so that smartphone and camera can communicate without a wifi signal. So that's is wi direct, not NFC.

Last edited by Tom Van den Berghe; February 23rd, 2019 at 04:58 AM.
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2019, 11:39 AM   #8
Regular Crew

the official instructions are here...
https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com...nect.html?no=0

i agree that establishing a connection to the FZ1000 using the Panasonic Image App is very confusing and, to me, not very logical or intuitive. IMHO, the easiest way to to scan the QR code every time.

1. push and hold Fn2 (Wi-Fi) button on the top of the FZ1000. the light will turn blue. the camera will display a QR code. click the Menu/Set button on the camera to make the QR code larger.

2. launch the Image App on smartphone. after some gyrations, it'll ask you if you want to scan a QR code. click the "QR Code" button and point the phone at the camera so that the QR code is in the blue box.

3. the smart phone will display "connecting to camera" and then the FZ1000 eventually displays "under remote control" and the Image App shows "connected" and "FZ1000-xxxx" near the top.

i got the NFC method to work once or twice, but i had to tap the smartphone to the FZ1000's NFC 2 or 3 times in the process.

another method i got to work once was using a previous or favorite setting on the FZ1000. it's a pain because i have to switch my smartphone to the right WiFi SSID (the FZ1000-xxxx).

the NFC and Favorites methods are really nothing more than alternatives instead of scanning the QR code. and in the end, all three method turn the FZ1000 into a local hotspot. i found the QR code method to be the most straightforward and simplest and the others are just painful.

note that if you go to your wifi settings, you'll see that the SSID is "FZ1000-xxxx". this means your FZ1000 is a local wifi hotspot and your phone is connected to it directly. and that also means you will NOT have wifi access to the internet since you're no longer connected to your local router or other hotspot. you'll still have data access through your cell network because that's not WiFi.

hope this helps.
Roberto Diaz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series