FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
4K and AVCHD via compact point & shoot "bridge" cameras.

Old January 11th, 2016, 05:34 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification

Rigs for use of multiple accessories, work well hand held, as well as on tripods.
Attached Thumbnails
FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-p1040141.jpg   FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-p1040151.jpg  

FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-p1040155.jpg   FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-p1040165.jpg  

Jack Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 09:45 PM   #17
New Boot

OR... you can just buy one

ALZO Liberator Battery Door Clearance Plate for Panasonic
Mario Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:08 AM   #18
Inner Circle

It's much more satisfying making one that really suits your exact needs!

Mine is made from 1" square tube aluminium and each of the two upright sections have bicycle foam grips on them so it's also a "fig rig" type of frame too. On each of the uprights I have two cold shoe mounts so I can mount a mic on the left and a light on the right when needed ...You get really stable footage when you hold both grips and they are close enough to the camera body so my finger can reach the shutter button too!
Attached Thumbnails
FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-bcameragrip.jpg  
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:45 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Ortiz View Post
You had me all excited there Mario. A good find, but you risk damaging the 1/4" thread in the camera. It needs to be supported around the battery door area, otherwise any pressure from the left side of the camera will create too much leverage over that fitting.
Jack Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2016, 12:11 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Chris, I really like the look of your rig. Would you mind posting more pictures?

Thanks
J.T. Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2016, 07:32 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Hi JT

No problem ..I'll do some shortly It's actually made with 3 pieces of aluminium 1" square aluminium tube and some clever little things called "connect-it's" I'm sure the UK would have something similar

Connect-it 2 Way Corner Joiner | Bunnings Warehouse .... I've used these to also make various rigs and even my stackable trolley ..just using aluminium tube and these connectors!! I post a few detailed photos of the offset plate under the camera (so you can get the battery door open) and the cold shoe mountings ... I dug up a few cold shoes from various old fittings and just mounted them on each upright post ... the grips are normal bicycle foam handlebar grips and I squeezed dishwasher liquid into them with lots of water so they could be pushed onto the square tube without splitting!!

You can take amazingly stable footage with this as you hold the camera with both hands!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 02:01 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Sorry about the delay Here are some detailed images of the rig (as simple as it is) with the camera removed. The aluminium plate at the bottom is cut away to allow the battery door to open. The bottom rail is 230mm across and each post is 170mm high ..the spacing allow you to keep a grip on the handles and still reach the shutter button.
Attached Thumbnails
FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-rig1.jpg   FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-rig2.jpg  

FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-rig3.jpg   FZ1000 Tripod Plate Modification-rig4.jpg  

Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series