LUMIX FZ1000 user update - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
4K and AVCHD via compact point & shoot "bridge" cameras.

Old September 24th, 2015, 04:11 PM   #91
Inner Circle

Re: LUMIX FZ1000 user update

The FZ1000 doesn't do 240FPS at all! It only has either 100FPS in PAL land or 120FPS in the USA and Japan. Just remember the faster the frame rate the less actual footage you can record so at 100FPS you only can record 7 minutes of video at a time. Also the FZ locks the exposure when in HSV so if you chance scenarios you must stop the camera, refocus and re-expose!

The GH4 would probably have 240FPS??? I wouldn't know but plenty of GH4 owners can confirm that!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 06:41 PM   #92
Inner Circle

I've used the 100fps on the FZ1000 a few times and it is very smooth. As Chris said, you only get 7mins recording, but when you are using the HSR you really need to think how long you want the clip to be. You only need a 5 second shot to get 20 secs of footage. It's very easy to get long boring clips that you end up cutting right down anyway.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2015, 04:23 AM   #93
Trustee

for those with mike on the hotshoe problems - It's not to hard to cobble together an extension setup - I have 2 for using mikes on the GH4 and FZ1000 so I can use the viewfinder
Attached Thumbnails
LUMIX FZ1000 user update-20150927_203202.jpg  
Old September 30th, 2015, 12:22 PM   #94
Trustee

Well what do you know, there's a dedicated forum for the FZ. Hopefully now this thread can prosper in its proper home.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 01:18 PM   #95
Obstreperous Rex

How about that. Finally.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 03:43 PM   #96
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
How about that. Finally.
Not a pop at you Chris. Updating websites do take time and I don't even own the camera. Just glad to see such threads in their own forum and off Weddings. Cheers for the work.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 05:23 PM   #97
Inner Circle

Beautiful Chris

You are a king among men!! We did realise that you actually DO have a life outside the forum so we were quiet happy to sit and wait until you found a little time.
Old September 30th, 2015, 10:01 PM   #98
Regular Crew

I've had a FZ1000 since they came out so have had a over a year to play with it. Although I can't complain about the image quality there are several things I dislike with the cam for video. I had a FZ200 and loved the way it was set up for video but the quality wasn't there compared the FZ1000 so I sold it. I recently got the FZ300 and this may be the ticket for me.

Like the FZ200 this cam must have been designed by a videographer. I can't think of anything physically I would change if I was designing it myself. The control buttons are layed out perfectly for me. Having the zoom slider, manual focus wheel, and one button push auto focus on the lens barrel right where I place my hand is ideal. Both the FZ300 and FZ1000 have plenty of reach but an advantage of the FZ300 is there is no crop at the wide end when shooting 4K. The first couple times I used the FZ300 I thought the stabilization was much better than with the FZ1000 but I now believe the difference is due to the poor balance of the FZ1000. If a guy can keep that front heavy lens stable while shooting there probably is no difference. I can't.

Going to spend some time comparing the two closely to see how much, if any, difference there is in image quality or light sensitivity. The Fz300 has a smaller sensor but fewer pixels and with it's constant 2.8 aperature sensitivity may be comaparable when zoomed in.

Did a quick walk around today with a few shots shooting into the sun, sun behind, sun from the side, some contrast shots to see what DR was like, and seeing how the one push auto focus works in full manual mode.

Natural photo style
Contrast 0
Sharpness -5
NR -5
Saturation -2

password is: fz300

Tom Mussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 10:37 PM   #99
Inner Circle

Hi Tom

For me the video just buffers and buffers and then plays about 5 seconds, buffers again and goes back to zero .. very frustrating!!

Was this uploaded in UHD maybe???
Old September 30th, 2015, 11:09 PM   #100
Regular Crew

Chris, video was acquired in 4K and rendered out as 1080 and uploaded as such. Don't know what the problem is. Vimeo videos run slow for me and I generally have to start and then immediately stop them and let them fully load before playing.
Tom Mussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 11:43 PM   #101
Inner Circle

Thanks Tom

I'll try it a bit later!! I saw the same video earlier and it seemed to run pretty well though!! I just tried the first one you put on CCU and now that does the same thing so it must be Vimeo!!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series