Ninja 2 with FZ1000 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
4K and AVCHD via compact point & shoot "bridge" cameras.

Old June 15th, 2016, 06:19 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Ninja 2 with FZ1000

Thanks Jack

What you need to do to is set up your screen so it's definitely icon free and then half push the shutter so the camera focusses on something. You will see the green focus rectangles disappear as soon as you let go the shutter button but the little exposure icon that comes up bottom centre stays on for quite a while before it disappears ... I don't even know why that icon comes up when you refocus because you are only refocussing not setting exposure.

Maybe you are right and it doesn't appear in the HDMI stream at all ...surely someone would have noticed if it did spoil the footage .... Mark was also concerned about the custom focus square (if you set it) that takes ages to go away ...maybe if you have a chance could you check that too and see if it's on the HDMI output or not??
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 05:58 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Having a play with it now, just passing thru to the TV.
Will report back!

Nothing! I always have as much info as possible up on the live view. But doesn't show at all on the HDMI out screen.
No exposure icon comes up, at all, except on the camera's live view screen.
HDMI Info Display (Rec) set to off.
Viera Link on or off, no difference.

Last edited by Jack Walsh; June 16th, 2016 at 06:23 AM. Reason: more info
Jack Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 07:30 AM   #33
Inner Circle

That's great

I'm sure Mark will read this but if you set the focus option to custom square, does it come thru on HDMI? Mark had a problem with the custom focus square coming on and staying on for around 30 seconds??

I must check if my streaming encoder also doesn't pass on the icons ... Thanks Jack, great test!!
Old June 16th, 2016, 06:56 PM   #34
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Chris Harding;1916546]That's great

if you set the focus option to custom square, does it come thru on HDMI? /QUOTE]

What are you calling "custom square"? Is that in the 49 area, or custom multi settings?
Tried all those.
Maybe I'm missing something.
Old June 16th, 2016, 08:46 PM   #35
Inner Circle

Hi Jack

Custom 1 Area ... it puts a square in the middle of the screen as a single focus point and by rotating the wheel you can adjust the size ..it's really useful when you are doing shoots of a person standing at a lectern as it only grabs focus inside the square .. with the 49 point focus the camera can easily focus on the background so the square makes sure only the person is in focus.

Mark mentioned that when he used that , the square itself appears on the Ninja footage for around 30 seconds then it goes away. It doesn't happen with the 49 point focus selected, only the Custom 1 Area
Old June 16th, 2016, 09:52 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Hi Chris, back again for your help, can you turn off the sleep mode on the camera, i have looked at the manual but cant find how to access it. Using camera on my smaller Glidecam 2000 and don't want to have to turn in back on in the middle of shooting all the time because it goes out of balance as soon as camera goes to sleep the lens retracts
Mark Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 11:17 PM   #37
Inner Circle

Hi Mark

Very simple ... Go into the setup menu (spanner icon) and scroll down from "Format" until you get to the "Economy" setting, hit right arrow on the joysick and there you will find the "Sleep" mode and you can set it to "OFF" However if the camera is recording I don't think it will go to sleep ever but in standby mode and with HDMI mode running it just might so to be safe keep it in the "OFF" setting ... with normal recording to the card at weddings it has never gone into sleep mode with me but in standby it does go to sleep.
Old June 16th, 2016, 11:48 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris, fixed. what i meant was while running around with camera turned on mounted on the glidecam then going to use it and find it has gone to sleep at that magic moment and have to wait for it to wake up and missed the shot.
Old June 17th, 2016, 01:51 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Jack

Custom 1 Area ... it puts a square in the middle of the screen as a single focus point and by rotating the wheel you can adjust the size ..it's really useful when you are doing shoots of a person standing at a lectern as it only grabs focus inside the square .. with the 49 point focus the camera can easily focus on the background so the square makes sure only the person is in focus.

Mark mentioned that when he used that , the square itself appears on the Ninja footage for around 30 seconds then it goes away. It doesn't happen with the 49 point focus selected, only the Custom 1 Area
I only ever use the shutter button to set focus, maybe that's a factor.
I've tried all the focus options I can find, doesn't show on recording.................
Old June 17th, 2016, 04:25 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Thanks Jack

Maybe Mark can confirm what he was doing or his set up because he actually sent me a PM about the square focus square staying on for 30 seconds and I suggested he use the 49 point ... I will also try it over the weekend and see if it appears in my HDMI output??

Any comments on this Mark???
Old June 23rd, 2016, 08:26 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Hi Chris, Sorry so long on reply, I changed to the 49 point all good now recording to ninja 2 got battery pack for camera and just waiting for adapter to suit Panasonic dummy battery the Panasonic power unit and dummy battery are not standard sizes which is a pain I have ordered a couple of cable adapters but if that does not work i will change the plugs on the Panasonic charger.
The power unit you bought online for you camera do you know if the connections are standard sizes 5.5 x 2.1mm plugs
Old June 24th, 2016, 01:03 AM   #42
Inner Circle

Hi Mark

I didn't buy an adapter as yet so no idea!! The eBay ones seem to be listed as suitable for the GH2 cameras. Which plug is actually not compatible with what? The DC coupler seems to have a female plug and you were talking about using a different battery pack to power the camera I think ...If you have an issue just buy compatible plugs/sockets from JayCar Electronics and cut off the current ones and solder in new ones. You basically need a socket on the coupler and charger and a plug on the new battery pack (or viseversa) so you can unplug the pack from the DC coupler when it starts to go flat and plug it into the charger surely?? Does the actual dummy battery you bought fit into the camera OK???
Old June 24th, 2016, 02:24 AM   #43
Regular Crew

Hi Chris yes I think I will have to cut the Panasonic connections off and replace with standard size, thanks for the reply
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:43 AM   #44
Inner Circle

Easiest way and no fuss ! What battery pack did you end up getting and did it work? Pannys are fussy about which batteries work and which don't work or does the DC coupler disable the encoder function in the battery. I'd like maybe a bigger battery pack for long events but in standby the camera seems to easily last 2 hours and more!! Sometimes we are in situations where we simply cannot get to power (like an outdoor event!!
Old August 9th, 2016, 12:11 AM   #45
Regular Crew

I have updated both my Atomos Ninja 2 firmware to 4.3 and just discovered that when I connect my Panasonic FZ1000 to them now the camera is not recognized anymore, has anyone else had this problem or is there a setting to change?
Mark Owens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series