FZ-2500 a couple of questions from users here at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
4K and AVCHD via compact point & shoot "bridge" cameras.

Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FZ-2500 a couple of questions from users here

Got it on April 25 to replace GH3. Set it up for video like my GH4. Works fine, really like the zoom.
Did a wedding on the 29th with both cameras.
My questions are - 1st, I know in 4k it's not as wide, not 24mm, mine is 36mm, but why in 1920x1080 is it not 24mm-480mm, mine is 30mm-600mm. 2nd thing I can't figure out is why when I take a pic it take 5 pictures each time. Top left dial is set on single.
Bruce Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: FZ-2500 a couple of questions from users here

Hi Bruce

Level Shot function and OIS function lose a bit of wide angle sadly. 30mm wide is only if you have OIS and level shot enabled! Drop the level shot and you get 27mm wide and drop the OIS and you get 25mm ... 24mm is only available in stills mode and 3:2 format.

I stick with Level Shot off but OIS on so I have 27mm wide angle.

Check your mode and menu with stills ..You might have HDR on which takes multiple exposures but also check focus stacking which also takes multiple exposures ... what is the mode dial set on ???
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2017, 10:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: FZ-2500 a couple of questions from users here

Thanks for the info on the level and ois stuff turned on, I will try turning one or both off.
I might be wide enough for most stuff I do but I do like the 12 {24} on my GH4 with the 12-35 lens.
I found that in photo mode I had Bracket turned on and the caused the camera to do 5 pics.
Turned it off and now I can do single photo.
Bruce Reynolds is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series