Request to Moderators for Lumix S Series Forum at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old July 11th, 2019, 01:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Request to Moderators for Lumix S Series Forum

With the new Lumix S1 and S1R L-mount mirrorless full frame cameras already shipping and the video-centric S1H just months away, I wanted to put in a request for a forum to be added specifically dedicated to this important new line of cameras.

It seems (and is) inappropriate to post questions about those cams on this Lumix G / GF / GH / GX Series board and I suspect many others will soon be either using or interested in exploring the line. This thread can be deleted or moved once it exists. Thanks!
Steven Schuldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:58 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Request to Moderators for Lumix S Series Forum

Steve, do you think it would be helpful to simply re-name the Lumix forum to make it all-inclusive?

I'm reluctant to add a new board unless there's already an existing group of threads that can be moved in to populate it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:05 PM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

Yeah, we had to do about a years worth of posts before the video streaming board was created. ;-)

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 10:27 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Steve, do you think it would be helpful to simply re-name the Lumix forum to make it all-inclusive?

I'm reluctant to add a new board unless there's already an existing group of threads that can be moved in to populate it.
That would be a start, sure. The S Series is a major event in the Lumix world, and in a few years time may well eclipse the various G series in popularity with filmmakers. Right now there is simply nowhere on the forum it appears appropriate to discuss these cameras. And that might even be okay if there were only the S1 and S1R, but the forthcoming S1H appears to be something most GH5/GH5s users will be interested in taking a serious look at.
Steven Schuldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:24 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
... a years worth of posts...
Point taken!

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 05:09 PM   #6
Equal Opportunity Offender

LOL. It was there. Couldn't resist. ;-P

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 05:42 PM   #7
Obstreperous Rex

Okay, I've edited the forum name and description to include the new Full Frame LUMIX cameras.

I realize that previously this board was the sole domain of Micro Four Thirds and here I am stirring things up by including Full Frame into the mix. If things get to the point where there are plenty of S-series LUMIX discussions going on here, then it's easy enough to split them out to their own dedicated forum.

For now, though, this will be the home for all LUMIX ILC cameras, whether they're FF or MFT.

I love an audience that readily comprehends all those abbv's.

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series