Panasonic P2 software for Mac - it's about time! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old August 28th, 2007, 03:45 AM   #31
Trustee

Am I being silly or is there no way to export a finished sequence back to a p2 card from final cut pro. Am using the dueladaptor thingy...
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:52 AM   #32
Major Player

I can't confirm that - because I don't have a Mac + FCP anymore. But, I can do that using Canopus (Glass Valley) EDIUS Broadcast. Import from P2 and export back to P2. Maybe it is time folks explore what available on the other side of the valley?
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:27 AM   #33
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
Am I being silly or is there no way to export a finished sequence back to a p2 card from final cut pro. Am using the dueladaptor thingy...
Raylight for Mac will have that capability soon (in a few weeks) and also allow you to put metadata on the recorded clip. There is a screen grab of the prototype on the raylight support blog ( http://raylightsupport.blogspot.com ) In the meantime you can "print to tape" through the FW port and set the camera to record.
Marcus van Bavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:11 AM   #34
Major Player

For those in FCP, Raylight for the Mac is a fabulous utility, and Marcus continues to improve it.

It probably is the best money you can spend in working the mxf files in any video application on a Mac.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:16 AM   #35
Contributor

Raylight for Mac 2.0 is out

We've released Raylight for Mac 2.0 and it has added
DV and DVCPRO support, more pulldown remove features
and also the P2 Authoring feature which allows you make
P2 Cards from Final Cut Pro. You can try a demo at http://dvfilm.com/raylight/mac
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:36 PM   #36
Trustee

Marcus,

using the dual link express card to pcmcia adaptor for the macbook pro can i export to p2 from final cut pro with this?

Thanks

Phil
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #37
Contributor

Quote:
Marcus,

using the dual link express card to pcmcia adaptor for the macbook pro can i export to p2 from final cut pro with this?

Thanks

Phil
Yes, that's correct.
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #38
Trustee

brilliant. just what i needed!!
Old October 10th, 2007, 06:54 AM   #39
Regular Crew

All this discussion of Avid vs. FinalCut, I have to wonder what the future holds for Adobe given the intense focus and successful implementation of interoperability between all of their flagship applications.

Working directly between After Effects, Photoshop, and PPro is very enticing.

I understand that much of the professional community has thumbed their noses at Premiere, but Adobe is pouring huge resources into getting PPro into the game.

-Brad
Brad Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #40
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Neal View Post
All this discussion of Avid vs. FinalCut, I have to wonder what the future holds for Adobe given the intense focus and successful implementation of interoperability between all of their flagship applications.

Working directly between After Effects, Photoshop, and PPro is very enticing.

I understand that much of the professional community has thumbed their noses at Premiere, but Adobe is pouring huge resources into getting PPro into the game.

-Brad
PPro has promised a free update soon that will allow native editing of Panny 200 P2 files. I'm waiting to see if it works before purchasing a 200 and upgrading my editing workstation. I'm at a crossroads, would like to stay with PC & PPro because of the way Adobe's suite communicates. There's a lot of potential. We shall see if Adobe can meet expectations/fulfill promises. Right now one can edit P2 using Aspect HD in PPro.
Calvin Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #41
Major Player

Quote:
Marcus,

Thanks

Phil
It's the duel adapter from duel systems, and yes I tried this with the p2 card builder and it worked flawlessly.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #42
Barry Wan Kenobi

Word on the street is that the BBC themselves commissioned Adobe to put P2 support across their CS3 product line. The BBC's expected to announce a migration to P2 soon, and apparently they have no problem with using Premiere Pro.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #43
Regular Crew

Wait a minute! I'm confused, I've been working on a mac the whole time I've had my HVX. And I've been working with FCP and the P2 cards and have had no problem. Is the software you are talking about strictly for mac now? It's not just a folder on the P2 driver software that allows for mac folk to install the software?
Mike Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #44
Regular Crew

During a panel discussion at the HD conference in NY last week, the project engineers and VPs addressed how each network went about implementing their HD broadcasts. All of them - CNN, ABC, and CBS said they were using FCP to deliver their HD content. That's probably something panasonic needs to hear...
Brian Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #45
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Saraceno View Post
It's the duel adapter from duel systems, and yes I tried this with the p2 card builder and it worked flawlessly.

Can you elaborate? What is the p2 card builder?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders