Panasonic new BT-LH80W Monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old September 26th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Panasonic new BT-LH80W Monitor

I just came back from my first shoot using the new BT-LH80W 7.9'' monitor.
The only complain I have so far is that it took 3 month to ship.
First off, I shot with other 7'' LCD monitors (Marshall and the Panasonic BT-LH900A)
Surprisingly The BT-LH80W turns out to be the brightest of all, even being almost half the price of the LH900.
The build in waveform monitor is great as well as the Pixel to pixel function, but the best feature of all, especially if you're using 35mm lens adapters is the focus assist function, the outlines of your subjects turn red when sharp focus is achieved.
I always found that it was always a challenge to focus with 35mm adapters using smaller monitors, especially when you have to be fast.
An other great feature of this monitor is the 15-pin viewfinder terminal you can connect to the 20-pin viewfinder connection of the HDX900, HPX2000 and 500.
As well as being powered by those cameras. The one drawback to this is the price of that dual cable ($300).
The monitor is lightweight but because it is powered by Anton Bauer Gold Mount batteries, I bought an extension Anton Bauer Gold plate to 4pin XLR that way I can mount the battery on a belt or tripod.
So if you're considering getting a monitor I highly recommend it, it's worse paying the extra money.

here's a list of all the feature from the Panasonic website.

• Focus Assistance includes a Focus-in-Red function (the outlines turn red when sharp focus is achieved) and a Pixel-to-Pixel 2.4X function (to help sharpen focus)
• Advanced video processor ensures industry's lowest delay
• Lightweight design allows for easy on-camera mounting, especially with optional BT-MOUNT
• 15-pin viewfinder terminal can connect to the 20-pin viewfinder connection on select Panasonic high definition camcorders 2
• Can be powered from select Panasonic high definition camcorders 3 (12V, 1.5 Amps)
• 800 x 480 pixel WVGA resolution panel (effective 800 x 450)
• Simple Cross Hatch overlay function allows users to check camera tilt and composition
• Waveform Monitoring, Blue Only and Marker
• Displays 4:3 aspect ratio images
• RS-232C and GPI remote control terminals
• Tally (Front: Red/Green, Back Tally: Red)
• Power Supply: Anton Bauer Gold Mount, 4-in XLR, or special 4-pin cable from camera
• Optional RAK-80 rack mount holds two BT-LH80Ws side-by-side
• One-year warranty (parts & labor)
Eric Peltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I've had mine for a month (lucky?). I love it. I actually just got the hood and rain cover for it today.
Jon Wolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #3
Major Player

I definitely swear this is best (but on the pricey side) portable LCD monitor I have ever used for both SD and HD.

Mine came in about 1.5 months ago - and includes a Petrol carrier bag that doubles up as a sunshade.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders