White Shading at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 9th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Major Player

White Shading

Well,
I finally am sending in my HVX to fix my white shading issue (Magenta on right side of frame, Green on left side of frame) it is very slight, and I hadn't really noticed it until I started color correcting some of my own footage. I have been shooting around it and when I couldn't avoid it, fixing the colors in post. But as my Panasonic warrenty is up in Dec, and I don't have any immediate shoots, I decided to send it off now.

The question is, Is this a one day fix? so I could drive to the Service center, drop it off, take a day at IKEA and then pick it up on the way home (about a two hour drive) or should I just forget about having it the same day?

Also, I have heard of local guys having the same issue, but after searching on this board, I came up with nada, and only one post on DVXuser. Is this a really rare thing? or are people just not noticing it? makes me wonder.

Phil

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders