HPX 500 and non CAC lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 18th, 2007, 01:30 AM   #1
New Boot

HPX 500 and non CAC lenses

Hi everybody,
We were thinking to buy the HVX 200 + let us and canon FD lenses , but becuase people who pay the documentary wants more now we are thinking to buy the HPX 500. We are in a poor budget and one of the shops offers us a pack of HPX 500 + canon YJ20X8.5KRS that is not a CAC lense.
Has anybody work with lenses that are non CAC? Is it going to give us a images problem? Are there any CAC lense cheap?
Thanks
Pablo
Pablo Lozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 04:50 AM   #2
Panasonic Broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Lozano View Post
Hi everybody,
We were thinking to buy the HVX 200 + let us and canon FD lenses , but becuase people who pay the documentary wants more now we are thinking to buy the HPX 500. We are in a poor budget and one of the shops offers us a pack of HPX 500 + canon YJ20X8.5KRS that is not a CAC lense.
Has anybody work with lenses that are non CAC? Is it going to give us a images problem? Are there any CAC lense cheap?
Thanks
Pablo
This is a Standard Definition lens and will have CAC, I believe and it will be quite noticieable. The CAC lenses are cheap for HD lenses, and I would stick with one of those instead.

Best,
Jan
Old October 18th, 2007, 05:29 AM   #3
Major Player

The YJ20X8.5KRS is a pretty low end lens. I would spend more even for an SD camera.

Having said that. I haven't used that exact lens, but from experience with other lower end lens, they are cheaper for a reason. If your budget is tight, you may be better off with a second hand lens, as long as it has been well cared for.

Also think whether you have to buy, or can you rent better gear. If they are demanding more then they have to be willing to pay for it.
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 04:58 AM   #4
New Boot

Thank you

Thank you for your advice, It is clear that we will have to get a credit in order to get a better lens.
Best regards
Old October 20th, 2007, 05:03 AM   #5
Trustee

i used SD broadcast lens for a while and ended up buying the CAC Fujinon lens.
With SD lens, closeups are okay but with wide angle shot, CAC looks so much better.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:52 AM   #6
New Boot

For HPX 500, CAC lens vs HD lens?

Hi again,
One more question, OK, it is clear that al least I should buy a CAC but the question is if somebody offers me a HD lens, which one will match better with the HPX, the CAC or the HD lens?
Thanks.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:57 AM   #7
Trustee

CAC. As Barry mentioned the favorable order before.
I also tried using X11 Canon Broadcast HD lens but CA was noticeable with wide angle shoot in bright situation.
It's not like you can't use the HD lens but you would have to be careful when you shoot. Also, it seems like CAC wouldn't get rid of all CA problems, but it seems to improve the clearness of the image under the situation when you would get CA.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders