Error: No Data Appears at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 7th, 2007, 06:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Error: No Data Appears

When log and transfering to the queue in FCP 6 a red stop sign with and explanation point appears in red in the status field. When highlighted, the message is Error: no data appears.

Yesterday, as I was downloading data from the p2 to fcp, I accidently turned the power off to the recording external drive.

Have I damaged the p2 cards or do they need to be reset and how would I do that function?

Thanks for any help. This forum is great!
Jack Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Welcome to the forum, Jack.

You might have indeed corrupted the data on the cards. One way to know is whether or not the clips still playback in the camera. If they do then you should be able to re-transfer. If not, try using the "repair clip" function in the camera and see if it can recover the information.

You also will need to re-format the external drive to make sure you didn't corrupt the directory on that drive. Let us know what happens.
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #3
Major Player

If, by turning off the power to the external recording Hard-drive causes problems to the P2 cards, that does not sound right. P2 cards are semi-conductor memory devices (4 SD cards) - and I fail to see how powering off the external hard-drive could corrupt the P2 cards. You are merely reading data off the P2 cards - not writing into them. It could corrupt the recording Hard-drives - that's for sure. But, I think the P2 cards themselves are okay.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Is my drive corrupt?

Thanks guys!
I switched to another drive for capture and bingo, it worked fine. The question now is what to do with the corrupt drive. Does it need to be reformated and if I copy the data to another drive before reformatting, will the data being transfered also be corrupt?

Thanks again!
Jack Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:00 AM   #5
Major Player

Please format the corrupt drive before you reuse. And don't copy data off the corrupted drive ... because you can't guarantee the integrity of the data.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders