Panasonic please respond... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 17th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Tingsern,

Does the clip retain sharpness after using neat video?

The HVX-200 is being used for some great work, so I don't want to bash it but when put next to the EX (basically the same price) the 1080p resolution chips and 2 stops more of light gathering give me pause.

I do see Panasonic with some ground to make up.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #17
Major Player

It looks even sharper after passing it through Neat Video. I am now uploading the video to Bill for his judgment call.

Basically, the noise in the video makes the image looks soft. After removing the noise, the video looks very much cleaner, and on my HD broadcast monitor, it looks even sharper.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #18
Major Player

Bill,

I have just transmitted the Quicktime MOV file to your email id. It is a 6MB file ... please acknowledge receipt.

Thanks,
TS
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
Bill,

I have just transmitted the Quicktime MOV file to your email id. It is a 6MB file ... please acknowledge receipt.

Thanks,
TS
Got it! Looks very impressive. I'd like to see something shot at 12db. But this really looks better than DeNoise.
Bill Edmunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #20
Major Player

The original video was shot at Medium Gain. 9dB. I can do a test for you tomorrow - at 12dB and pass it through Neat Video.
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
The original video was shot at Medium Gain. 9dB. I can do a test for you tomorrow - at 12dB and pass it through Neat Video.
That would be great -- thank you! And I'd still love to see some still frames at full, uncompressed HD res if you can manage it. Thanks again!
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #22
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Can this website accept a 5MB video?
Yes it can -- look for "manage attachments" below the text area input field when posting a reply.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #23
Major Player

love to see this on Mac ...

Quote:
It looks even sharper after passing it through Neat Video. I am now uploading the video to Bill for his judgment call.

Basically, the noise in the video makes the image looks soft. After removing the noise, the video looks very much cleaner, and on my HD broadcast monitor, it looks even sharper.
This is a windows product according to the site. Too bad. Any suggestions on noise reduction for Mac?
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
This is a windows product according to the site. Too bad. Any suggestions on noise reduction for Mac?
They're working on a Mac version that should be out in the summer. You can still use this version in Bootcamp if you have it.
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:32 PM   #25
Major Player

bootcamp ...

Had bootcamp crash my windows and mac side of the system when I put in a security system that conflicted with windows. What a nightmare getting everything up and running again. I'm staying away from windows for awhile.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #26
Major Player

For those hooked on Mac - I can't offer any solution right now. You have to interface with the developers.

I have evaluated several noise reduction programs - and Neat Video is the best (so far).

Bill - did I see "summer"? You mean next year's then? At least 9 months to wait. Oh well.

I did put in a request for them to develop a filter for EDIUS (I am using that NLE) - and they responded very favorably to my request. It is in their wish list already. Meantime, I use the After Effect's version.
Old November 18th, 2007, 04:00 AM   #27
Major Player

Let's hope DVINFO.NET don't crash on me ...

3 Quicktime MOV files + 2 JPEG files here.

All the QT MOV files are in 2 sections - the first is the original clip, the second is what comes out of Neat Video filter in After Effects.

0dB - no gain applied ("L" setting)
6dB - 6dB ("M" setting on my camera)
12dB - 12dB ("H" setting on my camera)

The JPEG files are the stills taken from the 12dB section - the noisiest of the 3 clips. The first JPEG shows the original, the second shows the output from Neat Video.

The video are compressed using Sorenson Squeeze. I have lightened the clips so that the noise can be easily seen.

Only managed to upload the JPEG files ... the MOV files are 6MB each. I tried to upload one MOV file - it failed. Chris, please check the server for space first. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Panasonic please respond...-still1118_00000.jpg   Panasonic please respond...-still1118_00001.jpg  

Old November 18th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #28
Major Player

Bill,

I have sent you one email with an attachment - that contains the 12dB MOV. Please acknowledge receipt. Thanks.
Old November 18th, 2007, 09:28 AM   #29
Major Player

Quote:
Bill,

I have sent you one email with an attachment - that contains the 12dB MOV. Please acknowledge receipt. Thanks.
Got it! Wow... that's really incredible! I don't see the blatant softening of the image that I've seen in other programs. Man, I wish they would hurry up and release the Mac version.
Old November 18th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #30
Major Player

You may now excuse me for saying this ... With this program "Neat Video" - I would say that the excessive noise HVX202 produces is now no longer a problem. It is controllable, as you have seen it first hand for yourself.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders