AG-HVX200P help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 24th, 2007, 12:14 AM   #1
Tourist

AG-HVX200P help!

Hey I'm new here. I just bought a AG-HVX200P with a focus FS -100 (160 gig) drive. Has anyone noticed on this camera that when it's quite and you zoom in or out you can hear the lens moving? even if you're doing in manual so it's not the motor. and it gets recorded! is that normal? Also while online looking for extras, I found these sites selling the camera for very cheap! When I call these sites to ask about the camera they try to sell me a bunch of stuff that's not anygood really, and when I tell them I want just the camera, some ask if I want the lens too? when i say what are you talking about? they say it's just the body the lens is $1100.00 more or they say it's a pal model different sites different things told to me. I called Panasonic they said the camera is never built without the lens and if you take it off then it's just a door stop. They said that it's a gray market. Has anyone dealt with these sites? The prices range from $1000.00 to $5000.00 I paid the later. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with these sites? The prices change daily too. Here's a link to some: http://www.shopcartusa.com/P_Panason.../?ic_campID=98 thanks Randy

Last edited by Randy Robinson; November 24th, 2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: meesed up
Randy Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 03:45 AM   #2
Major Player

How do one sell a HVX202 (or HVX200) without the lens? In the first place, there is NO way one can remove the lens from the body without physically damaging the camera. I will stay far far away from these sellers. I doubt they come with Panasonic warranty.

On my HVX202, there is no sound when I zoom in and out. I think the lens is faulty (or the motor is). I don't use the powered zoom - I always use the manual zoom - is much faster.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #3
Go Go Godzilla

Randy,

Welcome to the forum.

First, if you want to deal with Panasonic-approved and reputable dealers, take a look at the list of Sponsors on this site (link in the upper right-hand corner of any DVinfo.net page).

Second, when recording sound from the built-in mics in an ultra-quiet environment you will hear just about anything that moves in or on the camera body, like the lens zooming, your fingers touching controls etc. This is common for any camera with a built-in mic; any vibration that's made by or on the camera body itself will get transmitted to the mics and can often be heard in quiet environments. If you want to isolate camera operation noise from the mics then you need to plug-in external mic/s.
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #4
Major Player

I forgot to mention the fact I don't use the Panasonic builtin mic. I use an external mic - Sanken CMS10.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders