HPX500 Hot Shoe Receptacle Needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 21st, 2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HPX500 Hot Shoe Receptacle Needed

I did a quick search and didnt find it but I needed a receptacle to attach a wireless device to my camera yesterday and realized I have the holes for a hot shoe receptacle but no receptacle. I just looked through my box and didnt see one.

Did HPX500 come with one (and maybe I misplaced it)?

I went to the local video shop today and they didnt have anything that would work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Darrin
Darrin Altman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Regular Crew

No, none came with it, and I have not been able to come up with an adapter.

I have no idea what that inverted thingy they put on the handle is supposed to be used for.

If anyone knows of an adapter, please post it here.

-Brad
Brad Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That screw is 1/4-20 threaded, you could put a stud or an articulated arm in. Stud can hold a batt light or your wireless rcvr. Arm can hold a monitor.
Bob Woodhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Anything become of this. I need a hot shoe adapter on the top for a lightpanels kit, and other stuff. Also anyone know of a plate you can mount on top of the handle and take advantage of both of those screws?
Derek Nickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Woodhead View Post
That screw is 1/4-20 threaded, you could put a stud or an articulated arm in. Stud can hold a batt light or your wireless rcvr. Arm can hold a monitor.
By the way thank you Bob! This is exactly what I did - I bought a Noga mini arm and it works great. Its actually better than the receptacle I was looking for because when I attach my light I can adjust it to a specific angle or to one side and not have to have it facing directly at my subject.

Darrin
Darrin Altman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders