Favorite arm for mounting BT-LH80W to HPX500? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Favorite arm for mounting BT-LH80W to HPX500?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for recommendations on an arm to mount my monitor to my HPX. I was going to get the Panasonic BT-Mount, but they are special order everywhere and I need this sooner. Any suggestions or favorites? Thanks!

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

When it comes to any type of camera mounting system my fav has always been the Zacuto system, especially the one designed for the 2/3"inch cameras since it can be transferred to any of them.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Robert! Looks like Zacuto is the way to go.

Peter
Old February 23rd, 2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Zacuto stuff is definitely the "Gold Standard" for any mounting, rods, rails, shoulder mounts, etc. Their stuff is leagues better than any of the competition and it costs leagues more than the competition. You get what you pay for.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Dan.

I just spec'd out what I'd need from Zacuto. Tell me if this sounds right:

1. 1 x ZAmerican Small
2. 2 x ZicroMount

Does this sound right? Those three items come to a whopping $385, not including shipping, which seems absolutely ridiculous considering I can get a Noga arm for $130 approx. I guess this is the price paid for the "Gold Standard." Anyway, before I place an order, I just want to make sure this is going to work with my setup. Thanks!

Peter
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM   #6
Regular Crew

And Zacuto has the best customer service you will find. I had a problem with a Z Arm and needed it for a shoot and they sent me one overnight and I sent back the original a few days later.

No questions asked.
Darrin Altman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:02 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Richardson View Post
Thanks Dan.

I just spec'd out what I'd need from Zacuto. Tell me if this sounds right:

1. 1 x ZAmerican Small
2. 2 x ZicroMount

Does this sound right? Those three items come to a whopping $385, not including shipping, which seems absolutely ridiculous considering I can get a Noga arm for $130 approx. I guess this is the price paid for the "Gold Standard." Anyway, before I place an order, I just want to make sure this is going to work with my setup. Thanks!

Peter
Hi Peter:

My advice would be to call them on Monday to confirm. Their stuff is sort of like Legos and can be configured a number of ways. They will ask you exactly what you are trying to accomplish and then they will tell you exactly what you need to do it.

Sounds right to me, but call them to make sure.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders