HPX 500 for Church at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 11th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #1
Tourist

HPX 500 for Church

I am in the process of helping a church get ready for TV. They have a full HD system but they are using robotic camera camera. We are looking in to purchasing 3 Panasonic HPX 500's all with Fujinon XA17x7.6BRM 17x 2/3" Panasonic P2HD Lens and connecting them to the HD switcher. One will have a full studio setup with studio view finder and zoom and focus controls, one will be on a 21' JonyJib and the other will be handheld. My question is has anyone used the HPX 500 in a studio setup for television if son, how does the footage compare and will it be noticeably inferior once aired on TV? Second question is has anyone used the 21' JonyJib in a comparable setup. If so how does it preform?
J.A. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

The best way to get this question answered is to contact one of the forum sponsors in your area or, consult with an AV distributor who can analyze your needs and help you pick out the best setup.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #3
Panasonic Broadcast

The HPX has proven to be a very popular camera in this sort of application. You could combine a couple of the remotely controlled cameras with the HPX500s and really have a nice operation. I suggest that because as so often in church services, the cameras are run by voluteers and if the voluteer gets sick, there is no one to run the cameras, so it just gets to be a lock down.

As Robert suggested, check in with your local suppliers, they have lots of experience doing this sort of thing.

Good luck,

Jan
Old April 23rd, 2008, 10:46 AM   #4
Tourist

Has anyone used the HPX 500 on a jonyjib? if so how were the results
J.A. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM   #5
Go Go Godzilla

Keep in mind there's nothing special about interfacing the HPX500 to any jib, it's simply a matter of whether or not the jib can handle the weight of the camera and it's accessories and provide smooth elevation and pan movements.

I have used the JJ with a Varicam and Viper (both are heavier than the HPX500) however if you don't have the budget for the JJ you should consider the EZFX. The EZFX is the only sub-$2K jib I've seen or used that can accommodate any ENG-type camera. Don't attempt to use the HPX500 on something like the Kessler or other, smaller form-factor jibs as it will overwhelm the jib's ability to not flex and be stable during a move.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 04:52 AM   #6
New Boot

Hi Robert,
Did you try the kessler with the HPX500? We want to buy one jib and we were thinking in the Kessler.
Thanks
Pablo Lozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #7
Go Go Godzilla

I've never used the Kessler and wouldn't. Just based on it's design structure and load-bearing specs it can't compete with either the JJ or EZFX for stability and lack of flex; I've seen many clips with people trying to use the new version Kessler with the larger ENG cams and the Kessler has a *lot* of flex in it's movements; the JJ and EZFX are rock-solid.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders