DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Question about Panasonic rebate offer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/124493-question-about-panasonic-rebate-offer.html)

William Reliford June 24th, 2008 02:48 PM

Question about Panasonic rebate offer

Okay, I've been burned few times on rebate offers (Not from Panasonic so far) so I want to make sure I get this one right. I am about to send in the paper work for the 2K rebate offer on the HPX500. The instructions stipulate and I quote: "...return this completed form, including the serial number label, along with a copy of your dealer's invoice...."

My question is about the "serial number label" part. What label? Are they asking for the serial number off the camera's label? Is there a label on the box like a UPC code the I am to cut off and include with the paper work? What exactly are they asking for. Believe me, I don't want to screw up a 2k rebate hence why I am asking for clarification here. What has been your experience?

Thanks
William

William Reliford June 24th, 2008 03:45 PM

Okay....I sovled it.

Gary Chavez June 25th, 2008 10:46 AM

How?
trying to get one of these cams before the offer ends.

Jan Crittenden Livingston June 25th, 2008 10:54 AM

There is a UPC code on the box that has the serial number on it. Be sure to mail in every thing.

Best,

jan

Derek Nickell June 26th, 2008 12:04 AM

Anyone got their rebate back yet? And if so how long did it take? I sent mine about 2 and half weeks ago.

William Reliford June 26th, 2008 08:09 AM

The problem I had is that there was no sticker on the box that our camera came in. On close examination, there appeared to be something removed from the box but I could not tell what it was. I called the number on the rebate form and Panasonic rebate customer service person (Michelle) said to take a picture of the actual serial number tag on the camera and that should be enough. I documented our conversation and did as she instructed. I have my fingers crossed. The rebate form indicated that it will take 4-6 weeks for processing. We will see.

Now that I am thinking about it. I am wondering if the box was reused? Why would that be the case? I got the camera from B&H Photo. I am going to look to see if the box was actually reused. Now, that would be strange. It would explain why I have a missing sticker.

Gary Chavez July 22nd, 2008 01:31 PM

Panasonic has extended the rebate, so....

...it's either going great, or poorly.

I got hung up on the registration process at stage 3.
The site said they would get back to me in an email after they verify ship date and sale date of my specific camera.
That was 3 days ago.
Anyone have info/experience to share about the length of the registration process or this particular hang up?

Derek Nickell August 6th, 2008 12:28 PM

Got the rebate in the mail July31st.

Jan Crittenden Livingston August 8th, 2008 06:36 PM

Hey, it does occur that sometimes boxes do get switched at the dealership. Make sure that the serial number on the UPC label matches your camera. If not, take a digital picture and send that in with a printout of this thread.

Best,

Jan