Sample Media Please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old July 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Sample Media Please

I was wondering if anyone could send me a sample clip off their cards? Why I ask this is because I have a project coming into the office I work at where we have to work with P2 media from a hpx-3000 and we want to make sure all of our Avids can work with it. We have only brought EX clips through our Avids and our Adrenaline took some tweaking till it would play back correctly so we are hoping we can get any problems with P2 out of the way before our client comes in next week.

Basically this is a mock of how it would work with receiving the media from the field except I will give you the information to my FTP server and you can upload a quick clip there instead of putting it on a drive which is how our client is sending it to us.

We will be testing it with our Symphony Nitris 1.8.3, Adrenaline 3.0, and MC 2.8.3.

Thanks in advance.
James Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

The best thing to do in that situation is to rent any P2 camera and test it yourself, then you can test various frame-rates/settings and see how things play out.
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Better than Halle Berry

Search around the net a bit- you might find something. Also contact a rental house or panasonic dealer in your area. They might be able to help you.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #4
Major Player

I just found out that Avid does not let you render AVC-I. We'll have to figure out a workaround I guess.
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM   #5
Better than Halle Berry

FCP doesn't either- it's a transcode to ProRes on ingest so you'll probably want to do a similar workflow in Avid.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #6
Major Player

A little update for anyone planning on using this codec. I have called tons of places today including Abel Cine Tech and Panasonic with no real help a side from renting the camera and hopefully it works. They were helpful however in my attempts to find media straight off the cards. Hopefully tomorrow more of my emails get returned and I can find out for myself how Avid deals/gets out of this codec.
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #7
Major Player

I worked on a drama a month ago that was shooting AVC-I.. we sent the cards back to the post house so they could be played out through a P2 mobile w/AVC I Card and digitized via HD-SDI..

Best use of a solid state workflow i've seen so far - Not. Way quicker than transcoding through.
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #8
Major Player

Ya we think that is the best way to do it. Unfortunately though we are going to need one of those mobile p2 decks as well as p2 cards. Would it be possible to write the media living on the hard drive to p2 cards so that it can be ingested through hd/sdi?
James Brill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders