Trailer for Indie-Feature Film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old September 30th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Trailer for Indie-Feature Film

Here is a link to a trailer that I shot with the HVX200 and the Letus Extreme.

Drawing With Chalk sneek peak

Todd
Todd Giglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Well shot. looks good.
Alden Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #3
Major Player

Server is down

Sorry folks, the server is down... Please check back again.

Todd
Old October 1st, 2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Tourist

wow on such a low budget, you guys really got a very nice look goin
Corbin Lissabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Corbin,

I had researched extensively for the camera I was going to use (I had already owned the Sony Z1U from a wedding business and had purchased the V1U; I wasn't thrilled with the 24p of the V1U) and I waited for the Sony EX1 but I had to start filming Oct. '07 and needed to decide. Based on some footage I had seen, the Panasonic was the only solution.

Ironically, I had lost footage the first day I shot (mostly exteriors for the opening sequence) because of the new workflow. I learned quickly!

Anyway, happy how it came out.

Todd
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM   #6
Panoramic

Congratulations Todd, your trailer looks great, is evocative and looks like a compelling story. Great editing too,btw.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:23 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Great trailer Todd. I'm looking forward to seeing the film.
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:10 PM   #8
Major Player

Wow.

Nice Todd! I feel like you just needed on shot at the end with those two guys on stage, in front of a live crowd. That would be the payoff - right now the trailer builds but to what end? It looks like they can't pursue their dream from the trailer because of "real life". If this was the intention of the screenplay, disregard. But if you do have them following through with their dream - getting much needed recognition - pay it off in the trailer with the shot. IE - You have this great jib/crane shot of the three people waking - if you mirrored this with a shot of the two guys playing in front of a live audience - it would complete the build.
Just my opinion - congrats on a coherent, applicable drama with potential. Few low-budget filmmakers go this route - and kudos for that.
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Drews View Post
Nice Todd! I feel like you just needed on shot at the end with those two guys on stage, in front of a live crowd. That would be the payoff - right now the trailer builds but to what end? It looks like they can't pursue their dream from the trailer because of "real life". If this was the intention of the screenplay, disregard. But if you do have them following through with their dream - getting much needed recognition - pay it off in the trailer with the shot. IE - You have this great jib/crane shot of the three people waking - if you mirrored this with a shot of the two guys playing in front of a live audience - it would complete the build.
Just my opinion - congrats on a coherent, applicable drama with potential. Few low-budget filmmakers go this route - and kudos for that.
-C
Thanks Christopher,

I can't say what happens at the end... you'll just have to see it :) and btw, we do have a great crane shot at the end of the film but I'm not going to say what happens in the shot... ;)

Yeah, we feel that we just really wanted to tell a story that many people can relate (we, ourselves, just turned 40). I'm curious as to how it will be received by the festivals (Sundance, Tribecca, Toronto, etc.) because these types of films had their run (ie, Brothers McMullen) but I'm not too sure if now they just want risky and experimental (not that our film is entirely 'safe'). Guess we'll see...

Todd
Old October 9th, 2008, 07:49 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Looks great..

Nice work... Really impressive look you got there. The story seems very solid too. I'm in the middle of making something along similar lines albeit with a very different perspective. Based on 2 DJs who had a hit years ago and are running out of money and facing the prospect of having to get proper jobs...or have another hit..neither of which seems possible.

Check out: MySpace.com - Shoot The DJ - Hitchin, UK - www.myspace.com/shootthedjfilm

We're just doing a few pick-ups and the final scene and we hope to have it ready for screening sometime early 2009. We shot ours with 3 different cams... a GY-DV500..a VX1000 and now a DVX100. The DVX is by far the best we find. We're planning the next movie and plan to trade up to a HPX170 with a 35mm adapter for that.

How do you find the P2 workflow? Is it possible to work with the files in realtime?.. Thinking my dual 2Gig G5 might not cope with the HD data rates...

Sean
Sean Vincent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders