(Ask) Panasonic AJ-HDC27FE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 6th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

(Ask) Panasonic AJ-HDC27FE

First, I want to say sorry if my english isn't good and this thread wrong place

I want to get the manual book of that camera ( Panasonic AJ-HDC27FE ).
I haven't been touched that camera, but I will try that camera in coming soon to make band video clip.
So I want to get information about that camera before I try.
Can you give me the tips and trick for that camera?
Can you explain about this
1. CC: Cross, 3200K, 4300K, 6300K
2. Frame Rate : 4 fps to 60 fps (in single increments) ---> Which I have to use?

Thanks
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Inner Circle

This link is for a manual ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/panasoni..._AJ-HDC27V.pdf

1: These are the filters on the filter wheel, they balance light for 3200 Tungsten, 6300 Daylight and the other halfway in between. Cross gives a starburst effect on highlights.
2: These are the frame rates you can use. If you are in PAL countries (Europe) you'd use 25 for sync sound work, normal speed shooting, in the US and elsewhere you'd use 30. All the other speeds give slow motion or fast motion.
It's a great camera, but only 720 lines, and tape, so getting on a bit now. Best tip is to use the BBC settings BBC - R&D - Publications - WHP034 - Addendum 8 which were developed for Planet Earth.

Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you for reply

I live in PAL system ( Indonesia )
So CC is like White Balance? is it correct?
What is F, V and H in BBC setting?
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:58 AM   #4
Inner Circle

CC means colour correction, so yes, for white balance (although you can also set this in the menu, and using "B" setting on filter wheel gives an extra 2/3 of a stop).
F, V and H are the different models of Varicam, some updates but basically the same camera.
Steve
Old November 7th, 2008, 06:13 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks, Steve

Sorry, if I have many question, because I afraid can't operate that camera.
I am reading the manual book, but not finish.
Price of that camera? What else I must know about that camera?
What is ABB : Auto Black Balance?
Old November 7th, 2008, 06:18 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Auto black balance just tells the sensor what black is supposed to look like, something you should do periodically, some do it every day.
Current list price in UK is about £30,000 I think, but they are being superceded by the new P2 Varicams, the 2700 and 3700.
Steve
Old November 9th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Sorry, I change the camera become P2 HVX.
Is there manual for that camera?

Thanks
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:18 AM   #8
Major Player

Maybe we can help you - if you tell us what are your requirements for a video camera.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
Maybe we can help you - if you tell us what are your requirements for a video camera.
1. I want to make fast moving 2x. How frame rate I must use?
Is it 12.5fps? (in PAL system)
2. Which gamma I must use for band video clip to show on tv?
3. What is difference between i, p and n on frame rate?
Is it true or false, i : interlace and p : progressive? Which I must choose for no.2 purpose?
4. 720 or 1080?

Sorry, if my question is very basic, because I am really newbie.

Last edited by Sunarto Sosrosaputro; November 11th, 2008 at 03:28 PM.
Sunarto Sosrosaputro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:49 AM   #10
Major Player

I don't understand what you are asking. I thought you wanted to know how to choose between AJ-HDC27FE and HVX202 or HPX170 .... From your thread of questions, I would assume that is so.

Because you didn't tell us what camera you have in mind, answering those questions will be very hard - because the answers will be specific to the video camera you have in mind.

Do you have a video camera right now?

If you want variable frame rates, only HVX202 or HPX170 will work.

For fast motion, yes - 12.5 frames/sec will get you 2X the PAL frame rate.

What do you mean by "band video clip"? And what kind of TV are you talking about? Normal CRT TV, or LCD / Plasma TV? And are these TV standard definition or high definition?

Whether you choose 720p or 1080i (p - progressive scan, i - interlace scan) - depends on your requirements. In HVX202 or HPX170, the 1080i is actually scanned at 1080p and the chip inside chops it into two fields (interlaced).

Unless you provide us more information, I can't really answer your "basic" questions.
Old November 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunarto Sosrosaputro View Post
1. I want to make fast moving 2x. How frame rate I must use?
Is it 12.5fps? (in PAL system)
2. Which gamma I must use for band video clip to show on tv?
3. What is difference between i, p and n on frame rate?
Is it true or false, i : interlace and p : progressive? Which I must choose for no.2 purpose?
4. 720 or 1080?

Sorry, if my question is very basic, because I am really newbie.
Hi,
I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm using P2 with SGPRO flipped lens adapter and a bunch of AI-S Nikkor lenses. I was about to use for my upcoming feature but we had that production postponed.

To answer your question:
1. To make fast moving, you have to be in 720P mode. It could be Pn or regular P. If you set in framerate slower than 25FPS, then in regular timeline in the editing, it will look fast. Actually, to make it faster twice in the timeline, the FCP will do fine if you set the speed to 200%. To make a slow motion, then it would be better to do in the camera. IMHO

2. For gamma, since the end product will be on regular PAL TV (576) then, cinelike-v would be the choice, since cinelike-D will increase the graininess since it will be pushed for more dynamic range. The black will suffer from it.

3. P = progressive. I = interlaced. Any regular TV will post an interlaced. But to our humble eyes cannot perceive it since it happens 1/50 most of the time. It has to do with the current rate of our electricity.
n is the progressive native, meaning that if you use 720pn, the recording process will not do double but grab it as a frame capture was. I will be better explaining this with the picture and stuff, not with words (even if I have to use Indonesian)

4. If you want to play around with slow motion, go for 720P. If you want to more resolution before downgrade it to SD PAL, 1080 will also do fine. Most of my borrowers (since I also rent the package of my camera), shoot with 720P to grab that progressive mode. Most of the feature production in Indonesia shoot with 720P. Some used 1080 like Gara-Gara Bola and several of Rudi Soedjarwo's flick.

I use English, instead of Indonesian, so that others will add up more information about your questions.
Farishad Latjuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #12
Major Player

Hi Farishad,

Thanks for the reply. I was having difficulties with his original request. I think if you send him a private email in Bahasa Indonesian - it will go a long way to assist him. I think he don't have a camera with him right now - so, to explain 720P, 720PN, etc ... is very difficult without a manual / Barry Green's HVX Book.
Old November 25th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
Hi Farishad,

Thanks for the reply. I was having difficulties with his original request. I think if you send him a private email in Bahasa Indonesian - it will go a long way to assist him. I think he don't have a camera with him right now - so, to explain 720P, 720PN, etc ... is very difficult without a manual / Barry Green's HVX Book.
Yup, Barry Green's HVX book has been such a great help.
Farishad Latjuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #14
Regular Crew

@Farishad
Can I get your email and telephone number? (via PM)

Thx

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders